Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Seriously, seriously considering a vape

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Whats an Allah, Feb 7, 2012.

1. But I do this marijuana thing to sleep and someone told me that vaping is more for daytime, getting shit done kind of high while smoking is more for melting into the couch above the influence and whatnot. True? Not true?

2. It's more what you're smoking, but to an extent yes.

Vapes give you a cleaner high, and don't give you that sleepy comedown. But a nice smooth indica strain will knock you out. So go for it. It saves weed too ;)

3. If it is the strain part, not the comedown part, that makes me normally fall asleep, will I just use less weed to get their but have the same effect since its not the come down? That's what I'm looking for.

4. It's glorious to use; I've used a volcano on a few occasions. A clean though relaxing and smooth high. Somewhat dependent on the strain though.

5. #6 B0rtzer, Feb 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2012
    Believe me vaping is better. Hit for hit, my opinion is that smoke makes me more tired.

But....I can take such a small amount of weed, put it in my Silver Surfer (or Da Buddah if you want something a little cheaper) and hook it up to my SYN full size shower head and get absolutely thrashed :bongin::devious:.

Can put me out in minutes after a sesh if I'm by myself chillin'. I get destroyed when I vape by myself :D.

Vape FTMFW. Every. Single. Day. :hello:

My .02 :laughing:

Actually as I write this I realize that this is exactly what I just did hahaha! I fuckin' love Bubba Kush...

Edit: To actually answer your question, I simply get myself really. really. high. Really easily. And if you get comfortable, fugeddaboutit :D

6. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

this guy!

buy da buddha :metal:
    :smoke:

7. I was thinking about Extreme Vaporizer... any good?

8. hmm. go to offical vape thread and ask about it i forget what i have read about it. but in my opinion save the money and get da buddha. or if you want the "upgraded" version get the silver surfer, you cannot go wrong with either. they are not compatible with bags they are both whip "desktop vaporizers". i prefer the whip personally. and you can connect to bongs or other glass pipes to vapor bong!

9. Ha, upgraded lol. Not really all that different, they are pretty much the same thing. Big points are: SSV made in USA, DBV china, both are made by same company; glass knob, angled heater, optional GONG wand, and customizability (word?).

Pretty much the same thing, just depends on if those are important to you. And you can switch heater covers I believe between the two.

10. hahah yeah thats why i " " its the "better" version. but the DBV is the same thing with very minor differences and you can customize it better i believe right? the want part. or can you get a custom wand for dbv to?

11. Honestly, the high I get from my vape is almost identical to the high I get from smoking. I think a lot of people just vape at lower temperatures. There are a lot of different Cannabinoids in marijuana that all have different effects, and they all vaporize at different temperatures. If you have a vape that you can't control the temperature of, or if you keep it on the same setting throughout a session, which is what a lot of people do, you don't consume any of the Cannabinoids that vape at higher temps.

I have the Extreme Q, and it's great. With the digital readout, it's easy to get the temperatures right...I generally start a session around 300 degrees fahrenheit, then gradually move up to about 430 throughout the session.

12. me as well, hitting the whip by yourself just gets so repetitive, get in the groove of things and all the sudden you're like, shit, 20 minutes has gone by and I'm high as all hell... a quality vape is definitely a good investment. da buddah or silver surfer as everyone else said, my silver surfer gets shit done. however, bag vapes are fun too, I've hit the bag on my friend's airizer and it was the shit. those are often more expensive though... IMO though, especially when you're dealing with vapes, more$ = better. spend some money on a nice one, and then come back in a year or so and tell me you regret it.

you won't. haha

edit: oh and as far as the high goes, I can see how people say its clearer, but depending on what weed you use clearer doesn't always equal more uplifting/energizing, I've had many a successful vape sesh before bed.

13. #14 JoePain25, Feb 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2012
    First of all, try a vaporizer before buying one if you haven't. Its a completely different experience. Not inhaling and exhaling smoke which many find out they enjoyed.

Reason is smoking releases chemicals like carbon monoxide, which make you feel lazy and tired. This is one reason vapes produce a "cleaner" high. Also, as you know not all CBDs are released by vaping. The ones at the highest temperature reachable (and a few that are not) are sedative ones.

Though vaporizers are alot more efficient then joints. But similar to a bong.
    Might wanna smoke an indica before bed

Not sure about how tired exactly, any heavy vapers here smoke too?

14. Just bought a Da Buddha on ebay. Thanks dudes

15. Woo hoo!! You are gonna love it man! Just bear in mind there will be a slight learning curve, but once you've got it down it is immensely enjoyable.

Check out the vaporizer club in the toking tools forum for vape specific talk!

Congrats man!!

16. I'm gonna be bummed if I only deemed that a responsible purchase because I'm high. But its only money. Will do!

17. Hahaha, maybe if you bought the SSV
    (not that I am, I wanted the SSV just because I'm stupid about stuff like that), but the Da Buddha is definitely money well spent. IMO it is by far the best bang for your buck as far as vaporizers go. They rip when you crank them, but you can also just get them to cruise along and just vape the low temp cannabinoids. The SSV and the DBV have the same heating element and I am way more than satisfied with my product.

And if you smoke every day, you will recoup your money in a month or two :D.

18. you will be very happy. i bought mine about 3 years ago for 200 and have never looked back. best purchase i have ever made smoking wize. dont forget to save you already vaped bud. Also dont decide within the first couple days if you dislike it. vaporizing has a learning curve. start low go high. its amazing.

:smoke: