seriously loud air pump.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by amnesiac, Jan 4, 2008.

1. seriously its so loud i dont know what to do with myself. i think i f*cked up getting a commercial grade air pump for my buckets. its 110 liters of air per minute. 12 valves hooked up to a f*ckin standard air compressor. its almost as loud as my pancake compressor, it blows out warm air, and it smells like f*in oil!. and it ran me 100 bucks! wat should i DO!!

2. Hmmm... can it be placed very remotely so noise isn't an issue? Sounds powerful enough to be placed far away and still be effective. I'd try to stay with the smaller aquarium pumps...even if you need several small ones. That way you have some redundancy in case a pump fails you won't lose the entire crop. -OGH

3. get a fish tank and put the pump right near it so it looks like the pump's for the fish.
    Have a second hose discretely coming off the pump for your plants.

4. put it in a wood box coated in carpet..seems a bits drastic for a small air pump but it's what im making atm for my exhaust fan.
    :smoking:

5. Now that's good advice!! ..that'll keep it quiet :D

6. that is great advice. it does not have to be inconspicuous it just cant be irritating to listen to. and it cant heat up my water. or stink up my room of course. great advice everybody.