Seriously Considering Giving Up Weed

Discussion in 'General' started by 2Packed, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Hey People, as the title says, I'm seriously considering giving up weed.

I have been smoking it everyday for a while now and I am starting to get depressed and also I often feel like crap in the mornings, it's just not good.

Weed was always the 'drug' with no real negative effects for me but now I am starting to feel some.

Could I just cut down to smoking 2-3 times a week and lead a functional and normal life when I am not smoking? I think that I would just feel crap for the days that I wasn't smoking it.

Any help will be appreiciated.

Peace Out.

2. well i tryed to quit only lasted 2 days cause i felt like complete shit then when i toked up felt so much better dont think i could ever quit

3. stop smoking for maybe a month , no doubt it'll feel better blazing after the month is through.

or some small ammounts every week , just stay busy and you'll find its easier to quit than you think.

4. yeah maybe a tolerance break would be good for you. but i smoke pretty much everyday now but last year i only did it on weekends and it worked perfect for me

5. Yo man i know how you feel, i spent the last year and a half smoking just about everyday. It never bothered me until lately, i just started getting sick of feeling like crap in the morning. A lot of times after i smoked, i wondered why i can't quit... Finally told myself that i really am addicted to this shit. weed makes life so much better. Decided once and for all im quitting for at least 10 days. (For me this is a long time, I would get all pissy after about 2 days off then smoked again, and all was good.) That 10 day break was the hardest ten days ive had in a long long time, but it was well worth it. I smoke only either sat or sun depending on which days have the best games on...And believe it or not i feel a million times better, clearer, and then when i do smoke i get blazed and just enjoy it. But when the day is over i just forget about it. I'm probably rambling, but if you were feeling like i was then you need to quit just for your better being in the long run. I believe you need to take a break. if you smoked regularly for a year go for two weekends. Don't have any weed available and you can't smoke. Good luck man.

6. I tried to quit once for my girlfriend but now she doesn't care and I smoke every other day during the week and all weekend so like 4 or 5 times a week. I couldn't quit and the only way is just try a couple week long tolerence break.

7. you dont have to quit...feeling like shit in the morning is caused by a burnout...cut down to 2 times a week, and try not to smoke right before going to sleep.

8. Yeah. Weed does have negative effects. And it's all about balancing it into your life. Depressed/irritability is common I think with heavy weed users, the whole amotivational syndrome bullshit. Basically it does fuck with your brain serotonin levels and what not. So, it's not exactly the best thing to be putting in your body...at least not all the time. It's great though, and u can use it a lot without too many negative effect, u just gotta learn to know how much u can smoke without it affecting u negatively, I think. jmo.

9. Yea deffently take a break. It only took me two weeks then i started doing it about 2-4 times a week. Now im feelin great.

10. I smoke mad amounts in the summer but during school i cut down to 1-2 a week maybe. The other day i was doing some home work my friend passes me the bowl i take a hit, next thing you know i cant remember what the fuck i was writing. I will never fully quit weed, i just dont see it helping me. On the plus side you only need like 2-3 hits to get sky high!

11. You just gotta find your balance that's all. It's not hard to pick and choose WHEN you wanna smoke..

12. Aaaadddiction! Sorry, but that just sounded borderline addiction and really it. However, it shows, what going without cannabis can do to one. Just look. It makes you feel so bad (withdrawel symptoms), until you toke up. Similair, to how people are until the inject themselves with liquid based heroin....the fiends, who fight over, and and would do anything, and are having convulsing, as withdrawel symptoms. Try not to get so involved.

13. I know how ya feel man, about 5 months ago I woke up one day and decided that I was tired of doing nothing with my life and being high all day, so I quit. The first week was one of the roughest weeks of my life but after those 7 days the craving started to subside. Now I only blaze once in a blue moon when im drunk with some close buddies, and I appreciate it alot more. You don't have to quit completley just dont let it run your life.

14. i smoke almost every day, or atleast every other day, and have been for a while. and i know what u mean, sometimes getting up early and shit like that can be hard, but i've sort of learned to balance it out more. it's about knowing when you've had enough, and just enjoying your high. for a while i would smoke a few bowls, and an hour later be looking for more, basing everything around weed. I've learned to go ou and have fun, without weed, and if there is some, enjoy it all that more

15. that made me so happy to read! there's no universally accepted number for how often a healthy person should smoke.

i smoke multiple times per day, have for the last 4 years, and am a very optimistic and enthusiastic person. people recognize me as being this way and i also maintain plenty of motivation.

suppose for a moment we just assume that there is indeed a god.
    if god endowed me with one gift, it is happiness.
    because i'm almost never down, and it takes a lot to get me there. and i mean a lot.

so, the point to what i've been rambling about is--

2Packed, i don't think any of us can tell you. i think that you'll have learn about yourself on your own, and learn what's best for you. Find whatever it is that you need to make you feel truely happy and healthy.i'm a happy dude, man. what can i say?

'edit: i also feel like i should make the point that I'm not saying that i'm not a happy guy without weed. I can go months without weed and be perfectly happy-- however... marijuana and i go together hand and hand, and whenever there is a period of time, no matter how long, when I'm not smoking it... i know that the period is only trial and that soon enough i'll be reunited with my wonder-plant.

16. I quit smoking weed for similar reasons. I don't know if you get depressed when you aren't high or when you are, but I started getting really depressed everytime I got high and it wasn't fun anymore. I would get mentally butt-hurt about everything I regret in life.