Seriously Considering Buying this Weed Star (HELP)

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by CptCannibas420, Jun 12, 2012.

1. #1 CptCannibas420, Jun 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2012
    Alright before the flaming begins, i will say i know the reputation of weed star. I know that there may be something better out there. That being said, i really like this bong. Its a 5mm, so strong enough for taking a little spill. And it's not one of there percolated ones, so I feel like there would be next to no drag, and i wouldn't have to worry about their shitty percs. There's no stupid carb hole, and it looks like a good, simple, clean tube with some flare on the ice pinch and mouth piece. As far as straight tubes go, I dig it...a lot. If anyone has any other suggestions let me know. I want a straight tube, no bends, an ice pinch, and must be glass on glass. Please post up if you think theres something better. I'd love to look at options. Also, any opinions good or bad for THIS SPECIFIC BONG, not weed star as a whole. I'd really appreciate any input. :smoke:

Weed Star - King Crown Beaker Base Ice Bong - Weed Star Glass - Brands - Grasscity.com

2. I was chiefin out of a buddy's weed star tube and the neck cracked when i pulled the slide out. he had only had it like a month and it was a 5mm one. the necks are the real problem with these china pieces. and it looks like the stem doesnt have any slits in the picture.

3. the stem will not come with slits, so if you want better percolation and cooling of smoke, your going to need to buy a nicer diffused downstem (holes or slits). that is probably a must for me, so take that into account with the price of the bong already. besides that, even though its 5mm as you say, chinese glass can sometimes contain compounds like led, and this actually can weaken the glass which is why joints can crack really easily especially if your downstem gets stuck and u try to yank it out. its a pretty tall bong tho at almost 20 inches so pretty cheap price. if ur feeling it, i say get it with a diffused downstem bought seperately and that could be a nice good setup

4. i have sum W* glass and yeah it can be thin and weeak invest in a GC Bubblicous its not a straight but beaker thick n simple i own this as well i would rather spend $$ on a W* A/C instead

5. No way... that price for that shit quality? No fucking way.
    Your LHS should have a noname clear beaker 5mm local blown for around 80 and a really nice gridded downstem for around 30-40.
    No LHS then google SSFG and look through their items or even contact them for a custom.

6. You're contradicting yourself?

7. not contradicting just sharing my experience..... its kinda hit or miss with W* love the Dub Bubb ,4arm A/C, Epic precooler n the percbowl are great.....on the other hand i havent had good expierence with their diffys as the are thin n weak broke two 4 arm diffys and a grid of a circ diffy with minor handaling for 420 i got the Bubbalator but im not liking it as the mouthpiece is too wide for me and its hard to clear...in my opinion its a beast in that its alota glass and def has weight and a nice foot but for me it doesnt work well:hide::hide:

but at least the 29.mm slitted diffy does fit my GC Bubbalicous thus taking it to the next level i also use a 29 EHLE carbon filter that thing is huge too....when all is said and done at the very least i didnt spend too much $$$ so i cant be that mad

just chiming in with my 2 cents

Cheers from NYC

8. If you want a cheap piece, buy an Ehle. A beaker is a beaker, and they know what they're doing.

Weedstar is really the cheapest of the cheap, and paying over $100 for one is near insane.

9. i wouldnt buy any china glass at that price. at a local smoke shop that only buys local glass the guy had a catalog for a bunch of chinese shit and the price headshops are paying for pieces like these is like 50 bucks. if youre on a budget look into a nice locally blown beaker since they would probably be at a decent price. if you want a solid beaker you can never go wrong with an illadelph. idk if youre set on a beaker but i dont believe ehle makes any but their straight tubes look nice and from what ive heard theyre pretty good in quality as well

10. aqua labs you could get a 9mm straight/beaker for just over $50 more. shit man check it out