Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

[Serious] Willing to Pay $50 to Whoever Helps Me

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by OGBurnt, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Hey all! I've been on this forum for a little while, but this is my first post. I'm hoping somebody can help me with a dilemma I've been having for about 5 months now. Also, please forgive me for such a long post, I'm really desperate and I've been researching nonstop since this has started happening.

So, I started smoking weed regularly back in September of 2018 when I was in Cali. I usually used a vape just because I don't really like how combustion made my throat feel. So I've been vaping almost everyday (not abusing it, but about one or two sessions a day about 5 - 6 days a week) up until March of 2019.

I had a Sativa cartridge, more specifically Super Lemon Haze in February, but it gave me too much anxiety so I switched to God's Gift, an Indica cartridge. Then, I switched to a Hybrid (I believe the name was along the lines of "Tangie"). This was in March, and the first day I had the strain, it was great. Got super high, super relaxed, all of that. Although the next day, when I hit the cartridge, I got super bloated and the feeling that I needed to burp wouldn't go away. Let me explain my symptoms in more detail:

-My burps come up in deep growling rushes of air, but would get stuck near my adam's apple region (Also where the Upper Esophageal Sphincter is located; No, not THAT Sphincter).
    -I become super bloated, and when I do burp it slowly squeezes out of my throat, sort of carrying my voice with it as if I'm pushing really hard (Which leads me to believe that my Upper Esophagus is sort tightening, I also feel this way for my Lower Esophageal Sphincter as well which is maybe why I'm so bloated since it's not letting air flow through)

With the combination of forcing my burps and the bloating, I tend to dry heave a lot and try to make my burps come out, but its so hard to actually burp. I thought maybe I'm swallowing the smoke, so I tried edibles, but they still have the same effect. I've been researching so much on this to figure it out and I have found others who have the same problem. One person who has the same problem has said that the only form of weed that doesn't give him this problem is Tincture and only tincture. Someone else with the same exact problem says its due to anxiety closing up the esophagus, which makes sense since vape cartridges have a high thc content as do edibles, I also smoked some pretty potent flower that gave me this problem so it leads me to believe that this could be the case. I should also note that I tried hitting a CBD pen and it also gave me a similar problem, the burps were not as hard to push out, but they were still somewhat hard to.

I have had anxiety all my life, and weed gets rid of it for me. I should also mention that I have acid reflux, but for many, acid reflux is nonexistent when they're high. Anyways, I take valerian root to help relax me, and I thought maybe this could help, so I take it right before i start my session but it doesn't seem to help.

Also, I don't believe I have an allergy to Marijuana because none of my symptoms indicate that it would be a possibility. Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome is also highly unlikely as I'm not experiencing nausea for multiple days.

I really don't know what to do anymore. I use weed as an escape from the stresses of life and it even helps me focus and get things done from time to time. It also used to treat my acid reflux, and I would be able to eat without feeling gross after. If there's someone out there that can help me out, It would be greatly appreciated, and we can talk about possible payment once my problem is fixed. (I'm being serious, I apologize if that is against the forum rules).

2. #2 BrewsnWeed666, Aug 2, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
    Go see a damn doctor & pay them lol

All I got from this thread was that you have acid reflux & you want someone to help you get rid of it???

I don't get how one of us stoners here could help you?? I have acid reflux problems myself & take medication for it.. why can't you do that lol

• Like Like x 2
  3. I think what your problem may be is that the Cannabinoid thc-v is reacting with your receptors in the wrong way

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Greetings, OG burnt! Welcome to GC.

For the acid reflux, get some omeprazole. You can buy it over the counter and it negates acid reflux for 24 hours.

The burping/pressure thing sound like it might be hyperventilation. If it is, the best way to deal with it is don't press it. Just relax and it will go away after a while.

• Like Like x 2
  5. You’re swallowing air when you vape imho

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Damn you have to get a prescription for that over here :laughing:

7. It was a prescription med until about 3 or four years ago here.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. I already take medication for it, I don't know why you had to be so rude. If you're gonna be mean, don't even reply to my post then??

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. Thats what I thought, but what about when I'm eating an edible? Because the same thing happens with them too

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. How was I being mean? I don't get what you want us to do lol

Explain clearly what you're going to pay someone $50 to do :confused_2:

11. Ever thought Marijuana just isn't for you? If your body disagrees with it stop using it.

That'll be $50 please good sir:rolleyes::laughing:

12. That's possible?? Damn, I don't even know how that could happen

13. I'm going to try that. Right now, I'm taking Zantac, but it only somewhat helps with my reflux issue, which is completely unrelated to weed because it doesn't fix the problem /:

14. You could always try and just...eat a bunch of laxatives, and de-gas at the same time?

15. What a shit storm that would be, lol

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. MY wife uses Zantac... it's really better for occasional reflux. Omeprazole is more for daily consumption. By the way... if one tablet doesn't work, it's okay to double up on it. I do a double dose daily, sometimes triple -- at my doctor's suggestion.

17. Yeah, I experience acid reflux everyday unfortunately. I have read about people having bad experiences with Proton Pump Inhibitors, like experiencing certain side effects. Is this the case with Omeprazole?

18. You’re body can resist or have a different reaction to every aspect of the plant. IMO the best option would be to find specific strains with low thc-v if that’s possible. If not i think you might have to make the decision to keep trying different strains (which is what I would do. I love cannabis so much that I’m actually going to college for horticulture and minoring in cannabis studies.) or you stop smoking all together.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. I'm going to try to look around and see what I can find in terms of low thc-v strains. I'm going to continue to try different strains because I love cannabis as well. Thats greats man, good luck with your studies and thank you!

20. There is a problem with proton pump inhibitors, and it's that they're hard to stop using because as soon as you stop using them you've got the same old reflux problem to deal with. When I suggested to a doctor that I wanted to stop using omeprazole to see if my reflux was gone, he just laughed. I tried stopping it anyway.... instant reflux.