Serious Trouble w/ Volcano Classic (cant get high)

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by chronicsmoker26, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Hi everyone! This is my first time using an online forum like this one, so I hope I don't come off as too much of a newbie. I just bought a brand new Volcano Classic and I am having an enormous amount of trouble getting high while using it. I've been smoking pretty heavily for the past couple years due to a health condition and I figured I would try to switch over to a healthier alternative since I smoke so much. It just arrived yesterday and so far, all I have been able to produce is very, very thin vapor (I can only visibly see it when I exhale it) and I've barely felt a thing. I can sort of feel a head high, but it's barely there and it is no where near the high that I would be feeling if I were using my bong instead. Does anyone have any advice or can tell me whether I am doing something wrong? I followed all of the instructions and I even watched a few tutorials on youtube before using it, so I don't think I'm doing anything in the wrong way but I'm hoping it's just me instead of a hardware issue. I'm pretty sure the device does heat up, because my bud turns into a golden brown type of shade after only the first balloon fill up. I'm using it around the 6 on the dial and I've tried playing around with it, but regardless of how high or how low the temperature is, I see no difference in the vapor output. I really don't know what to do at this point and I'm extremely saddened with this purchase, considering I was expecting to feel a high that would be "outta this world" instead of utterly disappointing. Please help me out!!

2. Vaping is certainly not the exact same feeling as smoking, and smokers who come to it with that expectation are often disappointed. There is a certain "oxygen deprivation and coughing on toxins" rush from smoking that you just won't ever get from vaping. 

Many heavy smokers find they have to make a 2-week commitment to only vaping, in order to clear the crap out of their lungs, before they come to appreciate the effects. 

Try making some brownies, too. I like to think of eating pot as the "bass" control for my body, and vaping as the "treble" for my head. Between edibles, the Volcano, and breaking old habits, you should be able to get where you need, with a little experimentation. :)

3. Not being able to see much, if any vapor, isn't unusual. It's a different high for sure, more of a head high.

I try to use the vape for harm reductions purposes as it is more of a hassle than a pipe. 

4. if the bag is getting filled with vapor then its definitely working. i would dry some different buds, but ya if u smoke a lot vaping is not as strong.

5. The high between vaping out of a bag and smoking from a bong are very different. Since your a heavy smoker, I am sure your just not used to the head high a vape gives you over heavy couch lock with a bong, joint etc... The volcano also isn't made to give ridiculous size hits but more of a clean tasty hit. You would be better off with The Plenty (same makers as the Volcano) since that thing gives crazy big strong vape hits.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Trust us it will work.. IT sounds like you might want to Turn your Heat up some. Old timers (like me) that are heavy Bong users almost always feel the need to have a lot of Harsh White Vapor in the Bag. It's not ideal but it may be what you need. The Whiter the Vapor the more combustion has taken place.. The Idea behind the Volcano is to not have combustion but instead release the THC etc into the Vapor without the Harmful effects of combustion.. Just turn yours up more until you get the Vape you like.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. CE34D972-FA9C-4C6A-ABB5-3E5DF4B65A0F.jpeg Some strains produce more vapor than others. I’d bump up your heat and look at a chart like this one. If you’ve been smoking out of a bong you’ve been getting the full effect, depending on the vape temp your only getting some of the effects your herb has to offer. I vape at 388*

8. Find a chart that shows what “o’clock” each temp is at. This chart doesn’t help with that. I used to run packs 3 times when I had my Volcano. Once on lower heat, once on medium, and once on higher for full extraction. And then I eventually sold it because I found I like my Magic Flight Launch Box more. But some say I’m an odd bird. Also for best results, you need to pack that shit, and make sure the tamper thing is pushed down. Keeping stuff tightly packed and running a shitload of material will get you your vapor. You just have to be a drug dealer to afford to use one as a daily driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum