Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

[Serious] Tripping On Weed

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Farkle, Jul 21, 2014.

1. My girlfriend has been smoking very often for the last 5 years (22 yrs old) but the other day she felt like she was tripping while she was high. That feeling has surfaced each time she's smoked since then, which is 2-3 times. Her step dad is a doctor and said that sometimes people have psychedelic reactions to weed. She's worried that she won't be able to smoke anymore because she will trip each time, and she's not a great tripper. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Will it last forever? Thanks everyone, any info is appreciated. 

2. lol.....what do you mean by tripping? you havent really explained anything at all

3. Yeah….What?

4. Try experimenting with different ways to smoke, it may help

Also don't let her consume too much at once, some people have an exaggerated reaction to weed

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPod touch met behulp van Grasscity Forum

5. #5 cwmasterbob08, Jul 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2014
    Might just be the weed. If you got it from someone that got it from someone you never know what's in it, what it was grown in, how much care it had, what kind of nutrients it got. I suggest trying to get some bud that is in no way the same batch or from the same Ganjga grower. 
    Unless you KNOW where it came from. You might want to make sure they use the right shit and whatnot. 

6. Try smaller doses or perhaps she may not trip from edibles. If she continues to trip, tell her to quit smokin or quit trippen.

7. Probably just a stronger strain from the dealer.

If I smoke mid weed I can smoke about 2 joints within an hour and feel nice and mellow. If I smoke 2 joints of high grade it's lights out and an intense high. If she's using the same amount, not knowing the strain is stronger it will trip you the fuck out.

With any batch I buy that's unknown I usually smoke 1/2 a joint, leave it 30 minutes to an hour and judge the high from that before I smoke more.

8. What your referring to is perma stoned. In 6-months to a year it will progress. Your girlfriend will turn into a werefirby. Like a werewolf, but cuter, and the transformation will happen every time she smoke. Also 420 am n pm wether smoking or not. They harmless more or less. Like to eat and jibber jabber nonsense

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. sounds like she finally got chronic for the first time in 5 years. certain vitamins/drugs will effect the intensity and function of your high as well. and it is a mildly psychedelic drug, but more the deep thinking part and less the visual, so maybe something happened that she isn't thinking about until she gets high then she's tripping over it. i bet it's just good shit

10. Tell her to stop exaggerating 

11. maybe she is bipolar, and is having those weird dissociative trips and will become a schizo  (worst case scenario)

12. I had one of those weird trips. Smoked about 3 1 gram blunts of some dank shit. I was sitting on the couch and suddenly I feel like reality was going away. It was similar to how a video lags on a slow connection. Frame by frame then a pause. Just losing connection to reality. Very insane because it only happened that one time.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. Maybe she is cheating on you

->I smoke weed<-

14. Im confused. I smoke weed to trip out, I thought that was the whole point of smoking weed. I guess with all these medical terms people forget why weed is smoked recreationally.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. My step-sister used to say the same thing, she always used to "hear" and "see" things, I never believed her to be honest and that SHE was just tripping herself out. We still smoke together and she hasn't said anything about it to me at least over the last three or so years. My fiance has some different health issues and weed has only helped her with her seizures and stress.

It could be a mental health issue and not a physical issue. Based on the fact that weed IS in fact psychoactive, in some people this could be a logical case, just seemingly unlikely.

16. #16 solarhitz, Jul 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2014
    I "see" shit when I get super duper stoned. But it's like, out the corner of my eye. And i don't sketch about it.... "lol, I'm a high mfkr at the moment... time to chill out". Sounds like she is just immature.

I've heard shit once in the past like 4 years, but I knew I was just high (in the shower this case) , and I have severe hearing loss so I knew it was just my stony brain misinterpreting the water noise.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. when i do trip from weed which isnt much , i love how crazy things get haha, this one time i couldnt even bare anything that was to noisey and my body felt like it was changing and shit .super intense.

18. Maybe she just got some real dank on her hands. I would love to get tippy everytime I toked