Serious transplant shock? I need help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by jkatz, May 29, 2006.

1. A friend of mine who doesnn't smoke moved into a new house and was surprised to find some plants in her backyard, so she called me to ask if i wanted them. I went over there and dug up 6 of the plants (her yard was covered) and was careful to not damage the roots of the plants (which are about 10 inches at this point) but after planting them in store bought potting soil in some large pot that i bought i noticed that the plants wer beginning to droop. That was last night. This morning the plants are very drooped over and some are almost lying flat, or are leaning against the side of the pot. The soil is still moist, and we have some incredibly hot temperatures today (30 C). I know its probably transplant shock, but will my plants get better? Is there anything i can do for them? Oh and im growing in a soil that contains spaghum peat moss, rich loam, sand, and other unnamed ingredients. The are grwwoing in an area behind my shed that has a little bit of shade from a tree, but gets sunlight from about 10 am to 5 pm

2. maybe try 2 get more sunlight did the grow spot you took it from hav more than 7hrs of sunlight that could b yo problem right there

3. depends on where your at with your grow, if your in veg. and you want them to bounce back as fast as possible from shock then buy some ThriveAliveB1, it's a b1 vitamin solution that helps considerably during transplant and ultimately decreases shock completely, it's great stuff i use it, but if your in late veg. and you don't care about growing them any bigger then just wait it out and they'll bounce back after roots structure themselves in new medium.

4. [Thanks alot, can you get it at any gardening depot like a Canadian tire? Also, do you need to dilute the solution before you feed it to your plants? The plants still have a long way to go, and i probably won't be ready to harvest till about october