Serious Question. :)

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Molly420, Mar 9, 2012.

1. There is a purpose for everyone you meet. – Some people will test you, some will use you, and some will teach you; but most importantly some will bring out the best in you. Learn to see and accept the differences between these people, and carry on accordingly.
    I recently learned this. Or accepted it.
    It had to be the hardest thing that I've ever had to deal with.
    At what age did you learn this?
    And in what kind of situation did you learn about this romantic or not?
    :smoke:

12 Relationship Truths We Often Forget

Feel free to follow link and discuss other questions. :love:
    I'll rep you if you do more than just the one question I have posed.

2. On a sidenote. I think my mom stole my weed :(

3. I think you should at least try to learn from everyone you meet. I don't think everyone you meet or know has a purpose in your life. Basically the lesson I learned is you need to evaluate which relationships are benefiting YOU, and which ones you're sort of like helping to exist.

This isn't being selfish, I'm saying your relationships with your friends and especially gf/bf should always benefit you, and vice versa. It works both ways, if you want to have healthy relationships you should always make sure you're friends are benefiting from you, that you're always improving their lives. Basically you shouldn't have any parasitic relationships where only you/they are benefiting.

Also never give someone your respect if you don't have theirs. That's a real golden rule for actually getting respect. People sometimes think that people won't like them if they aren't super polite and respectful, so they go around giving respect to everyone hoping to get it in return, it'd be great if it worked like that, but ironically if you respect everybody nobody respects you.

Just my personal life lessons :smoke:

4. Very nice :) I know I have to get rid of some parasites in my life.
    Its difficult to accept sometimes that someone you once loved with all your heart.
    Is now nothing but a parasite to you now. I broke my back just trying to stay in their life.

5. You think?

Heated arguments are a waste of time. – The less time you spend arguing with the people who hurt you, the more time you'll have to love the people who love you. And if you happen to find yourself arguing with someone you love, don't let your anger get the best of you. Give yourself some time to calm down and then gently discuss the situation.

Was in a relationship in High School, and all we did was fight. First 6 months fine, but then after that it was terrible. Went out with her for over a year before having enough and just had to accept we couldn't be together. We brought out the worst in each other, I was never an angry person until we were together, and I can't imagine yelling and acting the way I did now. It wasn't me.

Hard to put love before what is best for you.

6. Well put Dr. Cooper. So sexy and smart! ;)
    I feel you though I really do. Or situations seem ridiculously similar.
    I really held on for probably a year to long. I just couldn't bring my self to give up.
    I still am having trouble wondering if its me that's the worst. Or if he just brought out the worst in me. I'm scared to think that it could possibly be all my fault :(

7. It's not you. I spent a long time before coming to terms with it. I realize...well that it was me. But it was her too. We are both at blame. We didn't wanna hurt each other, we did care for each other, we just weren't right for each other and brought out the worst in ourselves.