Serious QUESTION with my 250 and 400 mh/hps grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Gixerboy, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Okay here is the question..... what do you think is better and I need a answer asap. Okay I got a journal going and I am having trouble with the tent out in my garage. I am currently vegging 4 2 week old plants under a 250w mh inside a small grow tent from HTG. Now the question is inside I have a 400w going with a single plant under it which is in its second week of flower. Should I swap the plant in flower and move it to the growtent and bring the plants that are new and vegging inside to the closet with the 400 and fresh a/c and mylar? Need answer asap!! thanks:smoke:

2. bump.... any help

3. Hey Gixerboy,
    If it were me i would keep it just they way you have it. The plants veggin are getting plenty of light with the 250MH. Your main focus is that lady you have in flowering, I would never take light away from a plant already in flowering. If the problem your having in the tent is light penetration then i would suggest doing some training and getting the canopy as even as possible so all your bud sites are getting light. Anyway leave that 400 watter and your girl where there at, I promise you wont be disappointed. Again this is just my opinion others may disagree.

4. 250w MH is plenty for plant 2-week old plants, so if your flowering plant is large enough to warrant it I would keep things the way you have it. Are temps and air ventilation OK in the garage tent?

5. The problem is the garage setup temps. I have a journal going but no love with the help yet. All in all need some tips and help getting the veggin going. I have it setup but my temps are a fucking problem considering texas weather sucks balls . If u can take a look at the journal it will get you up to date. Hope you can help..... here is a quick idea
    INSIDE: 400 mh/hps with EURO hood
    5 Gallon 17week Barneys Vanilla Kush / 2 week of 12/12
    good temps 24/7 good feeding schedule
    all and all PERFECT!!!!
    GARAGE TENT: 250w mh/hps with 4 sided hood
    2 3gallon and 2 2 gallon
    all 4 plants on second week VEG
    Parts.... 6inch inline 160cfm and a couple of extra fans.. Temps are shitty!!!! 87/90 in day and 80/85 at night depending on the temp outside. Wish the weather would get colder again!!!! okay guys gotta go peave hope u can help

journal if u can take a look http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/697312-whos-coming-me-5-strains-lift-off.html

6. Are you having an unusual warm spell? Texas is a big place, lots of which would not get that hot normally in November, but other places where that may be the norm. If that is normal then you may need to get an air conditioner or abandon the garage idea. If this is unusual then move the plants and light indoors for a couple of days until temps return to normal.

7. ^^^ samething he suggested, Unfortunately those are your only options. The high heat for veggin wont really hurt them it just slows down your growing time, as long as you have good air circulation i think you will be just fine. Its when there in flowering you really want ideal temps to maximize your yeild.

8. Well I wish I could bring them inside but right now I cant. I don't have the space for it as we speak. I am going to get some fresh a/c kickin to the garage in the next couple of days. Just waiting on a friend to get his ass over here. It should be soon.... maybe a day or two. I can tell they don't like the heat man.... the [ast couple of weeks have been a slow veg for them. I am hoping the weather gets colder again soon. So yea things are weird last week it was in the 50's / 60's outside this week we are in the 80s/ 70's its fucked up. I am just gonna have to ride it out. Thanks for the help I will get some pics up soon.... the girls are healthy for the most part....just a little behind on growth for 2 weeks old :(