Serious Aphid, mite and that lil green bug issues here !!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by CaliGurl, Aug 29, 2008.

1. I have tried soapy water, ladybugs and neem oil and still cant get ride of these damn things, yes it has helped keep the general population under wraps but anyone have any SERIOUS home remedy to rid these? thx

2. I've heard promising results from a garlic and hot pepper spray, take half a dozen cloves of raw garlic, 2 tablespoons of cayenne pepper and mix it into a blender with 2 cups of boiling water. blend and let sit over night. then add a drop or two of detergent to make the solution adhesive. then spray it on the plants. hope this helps, good luck.

3. Ive had the same problem. I read that putting tabaco from 3 strong ciggerates in a liter of boiling water and and letting it sit for a few hours makes a good bug spray. I made a batch today and I'm gonna spray it in the morning so I'm hopping it works.

4. This works really well on spider mites, aphids, caterpillars, and other leaf eating and sucking bugs. When you make this, you don't have to boil the water, rather let it sit in water for 24-48 hours till it is a tea like solution. If its too dark dilute it with more water.

5. Thanks guys .. I read about the pepper spray and I did that rite b4 I left town unfortunately I am gone for 2 weeks and the person caring for them only has instruction to water.. I'll try the tabacco thing once Im back as I am sure there will still be an infestation.. I dont smoke anyone recommend some good tabacoo lol:p

6. #6 Underpantsman, Sep 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2008
    Expensive as hell but Floramite, search EBay, there is a dude that sells 1oz bottles for $25 sometimes.

Quarts are $300+ and easy to find online