Serenade, Spinosad and BT.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by KittyInACup619, Oct 2, 2011.

1. hey GC. I've a mild infestation of budworms, and they're already causing rot and mold on my buds. I just need some insight to see if this is an okay idea or not.
    I purchased some Caterpillar Killer (BT) to combat these little fuckers, and I've been using a neem oil spray. if I keep that up, and switch off with Spinosad, and also use Serenade Biofungicide to fight the fungi, all while picking through my plants manually to kill any easy worms, will my plants recover from the damage already done?

2. how long do you have until harvest?

3. [quote name='"Kroptonik"']how long do you have until harvest?[/quote]

fuck idk. couple weeks maybe. it's my first grow so honestly, I've just been looking through my little pocket microscope until the little trich's turn.

4. The damaged plant material will not repair itself. If you only have a few and are close to harvest the plant should not die before harvest, it will just have worm damage in the buds.

5. [quote name='"pointswest"']The damaged plant material will not repair itself. If you only have a few and are close to harvest the plant should not die before harvest, it will just have worm damage in the buds.[/quote]

I have 7. a little more than a few. and honestly man, 'worm damage' is worse than anything else I've had to worry about with these things. I thought seeds and males were my biggest issues. they leave their SHIT and dead worm bodies in the bud to rot and mold. I'd rather not smoke that so I'd like them gone before harvest.

6. Keep using the spinosad and Bt on 5 day cycles and you should gain control.

7. [quote name='"pointswest"']Keep using the spinosad and Bt on 5 day cycles and you should gain control.[/quote]

every five days? or five continuous days with a 2 day break? it's probably not the latter but I'd figure I would ask. just in case. thank you friend. this is a real battle.

8. Once every 5 days should be enough. It will take more than one treatment.

PW

9. ^^^^ That, and I would stop with the neem. That is some truly nasty stuff when smoked and you are close to harvest.

Wet

10. [quote name='"wetdog"']

^^^^ That, and I would stop with the neem. That is some truly nasty stuff when smoked and you are close to harvest.

Wet[/quote]

well honestly, im going to probably spray it every 3 days just because of how much time is left. I'd figure if I did that, it'd be enough time to let the pillars die, to not cause any mold and then let the shit break down off the plants when I can pick off and find the cadavers. I've not used neem in a week so I'll stop for now. probably going to harvest in a week or less. the trich's are still pretty clear tho /: and it's starting to rain more. is that 'frost' for San Diegans?