September?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by smoke da weed, Aug 23, 2009.

1. I was wondering if it is to late to grow now outdoors? I live in the south east region of the U.S, so it is still warm here and shouldn't freeze until November, but is it to late in the year to still grow outside?

2. you can if you want. just get some bagseed and see for yourself what happens. im in florida so it stays decently warm pretty late in the year and starting now would be like starting a seed 12/12. look up some grow journals on "12/12 from seed". if you're lucky you can expect that.

3. Even in the deepest south (south Miami) ya gotta get a sprout before August 1st. If it does grow, it will be a very small yield, cause the natrual light cycle is already waning. As soon as it sprouts, it will want to flower. Basically you are trying to sow, when its harvest time.

4. Thanks for the replies, I will just throw some bagseed out there and see what happens. If nothing no big deal, if I get a little bit than cool.

5. your not going to get any yeild unless you got like super fast growing seeds, like 8 week finishers. plus the plants need different colors of the light spectrum to be able to flower

6. In the later part of the growing season the light changes due to the increased tilt of the earth and the way light refracts entering our atmosphere. In other words - Its the perfect time for flowering;) And that your problem with starting out so late. Florida guy had it - check out the 12/12 from seed threads to get an idea of what you may be expecting.

7. anybody know the seasons for aus. . .got a plant thats been doin for 2 months now and just started a couple others in the last month

8. yeah man its bagseed so who really cares if it doesn't work out. i'm in tampa and i started a seed mid-august once. i ended up yielding around a half 8th so i mean i saved $25 who can argue with that? it also will help you get to know how marijuana grows a lil bit so you really can't grow wrong with throwin some seeds out there. i planted like 7 a couple weeks ago and im just gonna make hash out of the entire plants when they finish budding. but yeah check out those "12/12 from seed" grow journals.