September 2018 Pred. Armed. Reprisal. Nun. Siberia. CRA etc etc..

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Vee, Sep 16, 2018.

1. #1 Vee, Sep 16, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2018

When a young boy accidentally triggers the universe's most lethal hunters' return to Earth, only a ragtag crew of ex-soldiers and a disgruntled science teacher can prevent the end of the human race.

By Mr Action man himself Shane Black, so you just know this is full on...
    [​IMG]
    Brian A. Prince (above) as the Pred, but which one..?
    so little intercourse between the 2 predators, that it can be so easily missed,
    same with the first 30 secs ...don't miss the start
    my major dis with this flick its way too short, most scifi these days goes about 2 hours
    here we stretch in 100 mins, think about that as you hand over your cash
    Score 7/10

A former U.S. Marshall struggling to put his life together after a case gone wrong. A former colleague reappears in his life and explains all of the survivors of the man's unit are suffering the same symptoms and that there may be a larger conspiracy at hand.
    better value elsewhere
    Score 3/10

A bank manager haunted by a violent heist that took the life of a coworker teams up with his ex-cop neighbor to bring down the assailant, initiating an explosive counterattack that brings all three men to the breaking point.
    Struggling action hero Willis enters, but only as a cameo role, 'B' actor Grillo wins this flick over,
    1980's style action flick mostly dated by TV shows is very similar, many peeps went drunk and can still remember the story
    Score 4/10

A priest with a haunted past and a novice on the threshold of her final vows are sent by the Vatican to investigate the death of a young nun in Romania and confront a malevolent force in the form of a demonic nun.
    One of the funniest dumb horror movies of late, as Romania is a Eastern Orthodox Church, so why send Irish Roman Catholics to such an event is er....crazy ...lol
    Score 2/10

When an American diamond trader's Russian partner goes missing, he journeys to Siberia in search of him, but instead begins a love affair.
    Mr Wick (Keanu Reeves) is back again this time as the fumbling diamond dealer, obliviously Reeves has never heard of typecasting, time for a new manager Mr Reeves
    Total waste of time a shame for Reeves, still Wick 3 is on the boards for 2019
    Score 3/10

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. #2 Vee, Sep 16, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2018

When the island's dormant volcano begins roaring to life, Owen and Claire mount a campaign to rescue the remaining dinosaurs from this extinction-level event.

Released back in June I held out until something better came along ..it didn't hence, I score this high above the normal bony stuff with dinosaurs ..lots of confusing action ..super dinos ,lava, badguys with big guns, you know the stuff
    Score 7/10

This contemporary romantic comedy, based on a global bestseller, follows native New Yorker
    Rachel Chu to Singapore to meet her boyfriend's family.
    the stereotypes in this movie are way over the top:
    1. Racist British man who gets put in his place.
    2. Elitist "everybody" judging each other based on absolutely no merits of their own.
    3. Rich Asians treating their help like trash
    4. People living in one of the poorest regions on the planet,
    5. celebrating extreme wealth and pissing it away on nothingness.
    The whole movie was extremely superficial, and almost every character was very one-dimensional.
    I wish they had cut away a few of the characters and gone more in depth with the rest of them.
    Shallow materialism and extreme gluttony
    Score 2/10

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Oh snap I did not see this thread Sorry @vostok

You always have great reviews. I look forward to seeing them on GC!

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1

4. Jack Black and Cate Blanchett, play Harry Potter in this irritating CGI comedy
    kids with stoner parents only, the word is irritating ...lol
    Score 5/10

Very Very White Rick, shot mostly at night so he glows ...lol
    almost a made for tv story with a little more action
    some great scenes by the underrated Matthew McConaughey (father)
    a totally screwed modern poor 'merican family of the 1980s
    the scent of an Academy Award lingers
    Score 8/10

The dumbest funniest western in a long time
    Two killers chase a miner over the Oregon desert to San Francisco
    then get it right, then wrong then right ..you know the story
    my movie of the month
    Score 9/10

5. You had me @ Neo

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. @Original Tonika to tell more Jamaican stories

I'm not really interested in too many ethnic stories JUST for the sake that they represent someone's ethnic story, but I am interested about the Jamaican side.

What's the haps? Can I get my Bammy and Mackerel and enjoy a fat one while talking about how tings used to be?

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Fk me...got myself going

Have a bottle of Appleton between me and my lady, fire off another fattie with some Tosh, and I'll waste any day gladly

People don't know about Treasure Beach
    People definitely don't know about the inland :smoke:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1