Sepheuss DWC and SCRoG grow log.

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Sepheus, Nov 21, 2014.

  1. #1 Sepheus, Nov 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2014
    Hello everyone!
    I have finally built my room and have it running to a standard that I'm willing to share with others.

    This is my first grow on my own. First DWC, first Supercropping and first time ever playing with topping and FIMing.

    I will accept and In fact look forward to any and all criticisms. Hopefully it's constructive criticism.

    Anyways. I do have experience with growing cannabis, I was partners with my brother as he commanded the grow. I would help out by watering after school. And watch the plants. I honestly was curious in the entire process so I was pretty much his shadow.

    He's currently too busy raising his family to spend the time and energy he would need for growing.

    That leaves me a glorious opportunity.
    Tons of equipment.
    Free right to do what I see fit.
    And an old 8x8 grow room that just been used for chickens.. I know, I wasn't too happy about that.

    So my brother gave me his growing rights for 1/3 of every harvest. We agreed on a 3/3/3 split. We each get a third. And the remainder will hopefully kick back some funds to improve the room.

    The first thing I did was remove the 8x8 room and rebuild a 12'x12' in it's place. I designed it for DWC and for veg/flower

    This is looking in, left side, I have my bench, ez-cloner, and storage shelves
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416524028.471940.jpg

    On the right, I've got the doors into the veg and flower rooms, my grow controller and Co2 (not set up yet)
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416524073.741583.jpg

    This right here is my sink, with a hose attachment. I really wanted to make sure I had a water source in the room, there is just a hose from the outside spigot and them connecting to pvc outside the walls.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416525910.990356.jpg

    Here is a hose attachment and my air conditioner.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416526013.792779.jpg

    My dehumidifier is below the sink. The water drains into the same drain that the sink uses. Very efficient.

    This is my nute shelf, I'm using general hydro for all my DWC grows.
    From my research I've picked up that it doesn't really matter. And that gen. Hydro will work fine. The other nutes are the sensei lineup. Used in our old coco auto grows.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416525932.693567.jpg

    Here are three seedlings two are destined to be mother plants.
    Two green crack seeds and one raw dawg (awful name)
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416526056.876718.jpg
    They are under a 150w, I did have a 400w in there. But somehow or another the bulb blew.
    It kept flipping my 15amp garden controller and now the bulb doesn't want to light. Oh well. I'll get a replacement bulb soon.

    So far, gotta say. I'm loving DWC, I'm loving watching the roots develop within days.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416526204.355530.jpg

    And this right here, is the only soon to be producing plant that I have.
    She started off in a small 2x4 tent in a one gallon bag. (Coco) Simply because I wanted to get something going. I needed a mother for when I got my system set up. (This picture is from October 5th
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416526248.534666.jpg

    When she became root bound I put her in a 5 gal and she just exploded. (Picture was taken minutes before moving her and SCRoGing)
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416526299.238811.jpg

    Now that I've got my room stable. I'm trying to clone this fine lady in a 20 spot EZ cloner. And after three unsuccessful attempts when each attempt cost at least 2 cuttings. I'm resorting to a cloning tray. Where I've had success before.

    But I decided to move this plant over to the 1k light in the flower room and set up a SCRoG system for that room. I think it turned out well for a first try.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416526419.033821.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416526443.271360.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416526462.940914.jpg

    I just put this room on a 12/12 timer. And will be giving it it's first flower feeding in the next day or so.

    I will be updating this constantly. I haven't shown you all the features of the room. I do plan to make video logs because that's often many times easier than pictures and text.

    I am open to questions. Feel free to ask or criticize.

    Until next time.

    Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum
  2. #2 Sepheus, Nov 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2014
    Small update,
    I'm just impressed by my roots!
    Maybe it's just cause it's my first time with DWC. I'm keeping the PPM at 230. And PH at 6.0 as well as some peroxide to keep things clean.

    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416738324.549669.jpg

    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416738488.818793.jpg

    The two on the left have stretched quite a bit. I neglected to put a fan back in the veg room and so they are finally getting some barrage and will hopefully strengthen that stalk. It would have a nice tall start for when I top it. The one on the right (green crack) is obviously stunting in some aspects. I don't see a tap root coming out the bottom, nor is it visible through the cup. I can only guess it hit some hydrotron and tapped out. I'm eagerly waiting for that tap root to split and spread creating more of a bush aspect.

    Edit: I suppose I should mention the cutting in the front. It's an experiment. To see if a cutting could root in such an environment. So far it is failing. But. Sometimes cuttings. Right when you think they are done for, can surprise you.

    Until then!
    Stay tuned!

    Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum
  3. Well, it's been a while folks. But that's all good. Makes progress that much cooler.
    So we are now 3 weeks into both flower and veg.
    I just activated Co2 and kept it at 900ppm while I located and sealed most of the leaks and then got my intake and outtake ducts to each room.
    The Co2 rains on the flowing plant from above. (Co2 is heavier than air,)
    A fan on the ground the blows it back up under the plant into the outtake fan into the other rooms.
    And fuck.
    Within the three days of Co2. Explosive growth. I even had to raise the HID to cover all the tops.
    I wish the light mover worked.. It's a cheap hydofarm one. Don't fucking get those.
    Got three and they are all broken. And they barely worked to begin with.
    Just buy a good one.

    Wooooo. Enough rambling.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1417947943.893938.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1417947958.028076.jpg

    The stalk on the bitch just beefed up. Like. I look back on pictures and I'm just like.. Dang!
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1417948029.081161.jpg

    The yunguns, roughly 31/2 weeks old, doing beautifully, in my opinion.
    Raw dawg.. Is killing it! And then Green crack had some issues..
    I left for a night, came back and she had developed some damage, spots on her lower leaves. I noticed I had left a 5 gallon bucket by the fan blowing on them, and that might have blocked GC's wind.
    It's root rot. :c
    I dunno, I'm not going to panic, and she recovered quite nicely.
    The day I left for a night I changed the entire container, etc to a new chamber and lid. Four spot. The old one was impractical, and the holes were shoddy. I couldn't even use two of the holes.
    I also raised the PPM's of the water at that time and added liquid seaweed. This was a darker nutrient and darkened the water a lot.
    But now. About the same time as the recovery, the water started to clear up.
    Rambling again..
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1417948049.136448.jpg

    Roots! Of RD
    I'll get GC soon
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1417948707.409664.jpg
  4. As promised here is Green crack's roots.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1417994125.830873.jpg
    There are plenty of white roots growing out of the rot, so I have faith everything is good.
    I still have hydroguard coming in the mail.
    I also set up the 5 gallon buckets to transfer the yungun's over to them. I will be doing that within the next day or so. Tomorrow is the start of week four.

Share This Page