Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Separating weed/tobacco mixture?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by passitaround, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Blades! I'm a bit caned so help me out. A few months ago I bought a rolling tray because I got bored of having tobacco and green littering my desk, then my floor as the inevitable happened.

All this excess has now accumulated in my rolling tray, and as you can see I've got the tweezers out to salvage the weed from the waste tobacco. I'm not all that dextrous and I don't have a screen with mesh large enough to filter it through.

Science tells us that to separate solid materials, you have to find a property that differs between the materials and exploit it (for sand/salt you'd use a magnet, for coins different shape/size filters etc) SO!

(tldr) I'm open to suggestions of how to filter this tobacco/weed mix and separate the two. Highdeas welcome!

Attached Files:

2. Why not just roll it all up in a spliff? It'll be a heavy tobacco mix but it should be enjoyable and give you a decent buzz.

3. If you put tobacco in your joints, why don't you just add the mixture to your next spliff. It would be ten times easier then seperating them and adding new tobacco.

4. There is always that option, but I recently acquired some iso and was thinking about making some QWISO with saved stems and any shake I can salvage. But it seems like it is more effort than it is worth.

Unless of course, there is no harm in running a bit of tobacco through the iso?

5. Maybe you could extract all the good stuff fromt the mixture if you make a batch of qwiso. I don't know what the iso will do to the tabacco though.

6. People are thinking the same exact thing as me, just about 30 sec earlier.

7. That just means you're 30 seconds more stoned than them :smoke: