Separate Pots?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ithinkicannabis, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Okay so I germinated a dozen seeds using the paper towel method. 11 sprouted in a matter of 48 hours. I wasn't expecting that many to sprout because the seeds came from questionable sources. Anyway, I bought a couple 6 inch ceramic pots and planted the seeds between two pots figuring natural selection or a dumb mistake would take care of it, but lo and behold, six are growing in one pot, three in the other. They already have leaves, two rounded and two spikey a piece.

What should I do? Do they all need separate pots? How big should said pots be? The problem is my makeshift growing compartment isn't equipped to handle more than maybe four or five different plants. Any help would be appreciated!

2. yes, eventually, if you want any good yield at all, they will need their own pots. six in one pot is way too many. just choose which ones you think are the best and put them in their own pots. how big those are is pretty much up to you. however, you should put them in pots that arent too big, as you should let them grow into their container and then transfer them to a final large pot for all the roots to have room.

3. Yes, u need seperate pots, the roots will choke eachother out and become entangled and kill them. If you are limited on space u can start in 2 liter bottles and tape them to keep light from coming through the sides. Put holes in the bottom for drainage. This will be good for a while till u can find more room or u can weed out the weaker in a few weeks and transplant the strong to bigger pots. Be careful when digging up not to damage the roots.

4. One plant per pot. Or they fight each other for space, the roots get tangled, and what do you do about males??