Separate male?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by TheBongLord, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Update #4 , 2 weeks into flowering, pistils are starting to appear. The plant on the top left corner is a male showing seed sacks. Should I remove the male to prevent my other 3 females from becoming Hermaphrodite ??

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. Photos: Screenshot_20200726-202526.jpg Screenshot_20200726-202740.jpg Screenshot_20200726-202628.jpg

3. Unless you want seeds, which there are those times.

4. I understand what you were inquiring about but your definition is wrong...

A male plant doesnt turn a female into a Hermaphrodite...it does have the ability to pollinate the female and cause it to produce seeds though....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. yea as @picasso1850 has said ,,male plant doesn't turn females hermie , males pollinate the female for them to make seeds .thats why growers remove the male/s to stop female plants being seeded,,mac

6. Yes, well I do want to continue this strain so I won't bother removing it

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. you should remove and kill the male plant.

leave the females.

simple

8. Bit violent mate, are you a feminist?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. so are you asking for advice on growing weed?

or are you just trolling the forums?????

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. This male is growing buds so I'm not killing it, waste of the good good. And no I don't intend to troll

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  11. Male plants CAN become herms, however most kill males early on. As many have said you should prob kill it before it pollinates all your females. If I found mine early on I would. The seeds produced by a plant that's genetically a herm will be garbage as well.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Considering on just separating it, that way I can sell the seedy weed to some rookies

13. Buds pollinated that early likely to be garbage. Mostly seeds. Little potency. No good for regrow since hermie. These seeds aren't growing on a hermied male imo, that lady's knocked up. If you don't find the source of the pollen, may not matter if you seperate her. To get pollinated that thoroughly, someone, maybe her, has nanners or balls hiding somewhere. Any chance of pollination from outdoors/another grow?

14. I hope it ruins your female plants

• Like Like x 2
  15. They want be hermaphrodite. They will just be seeded so yes unless you want seeds

Sent from my XT1030 using Grasscity Forum mobile app