Sentinel CHHC-4 environment controller questions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by timotei, Apr 6, 2015.

1.   So I just got done hooking up my Chhc-4 enviro. controller, and I got to say this thing is amazing! 

So now that I have everything dialed in, I'm curious to see about getting this thing plugged into my computer.  (the unit has a rs-323 port)  I downloaded the software and apparently, after working with it some, I believe its a data logging/monitoring program, AWESOME!

so my question is this. If this works on my windows 7 no prob, could i just get an rs-323 port to usb adapter and plug this bad boy into a windows tablet?  to be able to see whats happening in my room over the coarse of months, and to be able to see and tweak everything with just my finger would be simply incredible.
       Has anyone else ever ran this controller? used the software? and finally, any thoughts on the tablet idea?  can a tablet support usb to rs-323 drivers???? 

2. #2 FauxRoux, Apr 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2015
    A shield tablet has a micro USB port and SD card slot. I would check to see if you can get that program type to work on android devices. I imagine there is a way.

Could you post a link to the controller software? Last time I looked they hadn't made a stable copy of the softwere yet.

Thx!

3. #3 timotei, Apr 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2015
    so here is the product list on their web site.  depending on the model you have, the software should be available in the link.  having said that, I am having some trouble getting my program running...  its late and im tired though so maybe ill play with it in the morning...
      Ill keep this thread posted on my trials!

http://growgps.com/products/