Sentences Commuted For Four HIV-Spreaders

Discussion in 'General' started by Durchii, Jul 27, 2007.

1. HIV Trial In Libia

The HIV trial in Libya concerns the trials, appeals and eventual release of six foreign medical workers charged with conspiring to deliberately inject 426 children with HIV in 1998, causing an epidemic at El-Fath Children's Hospital in Benghazi. The defendants were a Palestinian medical intern and five Bulgarian nurses (often termed "medics"). They were first sentenced to death, a penalty which was upheld by Libya's highest court. They then had their sentences commuted to life in prison by a Libyan government panel. They were released on 24 July 2007 following a deal reached with European Union representatives and extradition to Bulgaria. On 24 July 2007, the medics were extradited to Bulgaria, where their sentences were commuted and they were freed.​

2. WTF that is bullshit.

3. Yes, because we all know how reliable and fair the Libyan government is.

4. One billion Euros apparently talks quite loudly. I hope some of that actually gets to the victims families, but I doubt it. I can hear a Devo song in my head;

" What a beautiful world we live in... a sweet romantic place...beautiful people everywhere...the way they show they care, makes me want to say...It's a wonderful place!"

5. They should have been executed, and anyone who had a hand in getting them released and freed, should also be executed. Simple.

6. except liquid, most investigative bodies have come to the conclusion years ago that they were innocent. They were scapegoated for previously existing bad sanitation practices.

you guys might want to actually inform yourself before you pass judgment. The pardoning was a good thing.

7. Do you have a link man? I would hate to wish death upon innocents. :)

8. All I can say is, eventually they'll get theirs.

Grasscity Deals Near You