Sensory overload

Discussion in 'General' started by m00zix, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Taste in particular (not in the context of being high.)

Every now and again when I haven't eaten anything in a few hours, I'll eat something (usually something with an already strong flavor, for example cheddar cheese) and it will actually hurt for a few brief moments to taste! It's like it is so flavorful it hurts. I guess this is comparable to going outside on a sunny day and your eyes hurting until they adjust. I'm only posting this because it appears to be unusual for this (the taste sensory overload) to be happening to me. I tried describing it to my friend, and he told me he does not experience the same thing, even on occasion.

Am I the only one?

2. Only with food at "extreme" temperatures, like a fresh pizza or a snow cone.

Still, I think your symptoms are vastly different than mine.

That is peculiar...

3. Yeah I get the exact same thing with sharp tasting foods at first.

4. To clarify, this is not dependent on temperature sensitive foods to me. They are just INSANELY tasteful lol Or at least that is how I would describe it. And to further clarify, I feel the pain run to the back of my mouth, near my jaw. I have TMJ, but I don't think that has to do with it. (Particularly the opening and chewing action of the mouth as I have been talking very much on many occasions before eating; same basic movement of the jaw, right?)

5. Side note, this extrasharpcheddar cheese is AMAZING. Almost went through a small block of it already.

6. Bump for curiosity.

7. I've experienced the same thing, i'm glad i'm not alone. :laughing:

8. For me i can barely taste anything, its like my mouths numb almost, or like when you wake up, and your mouths dry, and you cant really taste anything until later on in the day