Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Sensitive lungs after 8+ years of smoking?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by sfsc, Jan 10, 2011.

1. I've been an every day smoker for almost 2 of those years, and I STILL die on blunts and joints. Bongs aren't that bad, but I still can't take more than 2 or so hits every 5-10 minutes.

I figure I'm doomed and have to deal with it (no biggie), but anyone else like this? I figured EVERYONE would get better after even just a week of smoking, but I'm almost as bad (not quite) as my first couple times.

And no, I'm not sick (or sick for 8 years) or have any medical conditions.

2. i really wouldn't know how you could overcome this other than just vaping, but that's not a solution just an alternate way of toking up.

good luck!

3. I know how you feel but to a lesser extent. I used to have iron lungs, but Ive been smokin my friends new 2.5ft double perc'd + ashcatcher (not tryin to brag here, just exaggerating how much dam filtration this thing has going on) bong and I think Ive really spoiled myslef. I underestimate how harsh joints + other pieces are, but after a couple tokes/couple days off the monster bong I get my shit together

4. #4 Sunn, Jan 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2011
    that's weird man. I've been smoking every day for weeks now and it takes a lot to get me into a coughing fit, and a bowl never really burns too much. And I've had asthma for my entire life too.

oh, i guess i should point out that i still cough like a bitch on bongs, but well, anyone would with that amount of smoke. and chillums kinda hurt, but i can still take a nice rip from them without coughing too much.

5. ive smoked weed and cigs since i was 14 so 5 years now about 2 and a half years everyday. my lungs are fucked. i smoke my medicali 5arm beaker everyday. joints are cool, blunts hurt. i throw up ocasionaly on bowls, i usually pass on the chillum. i cough pretty much every hit.

6. Dude, vape or edibles. Sorry about your lungs, bro :(

/thread

7. Ive had this shit happen... Heres what I do if you smoke cigs quit for a few days if you can at least two, you got to cut out the blunts for a week and smoke very few joints and stick to a bong if you have one that should help alot

8. ive been gettin real into breathing exercises lately. also getting educated on cilia/bronchs/pleura/alvioles(sp? lol) etc.
    blunts/joints are harsh regardless, and 2 bongs every 5-10 minutes is a little discerning but not too much. as long as youre not coughing shit up and completely weezing for air sounds like you just have to deal with it :/

breathing improvement though:
    use warm/hot water for bongs.
    exercise - most people think breathing in real deep works your lungs, it doesnt really. blow OUT really hard then squeeze your lips together and blow more, and more until you cant FORCE anymore air out. that actually works out your lungs and makes them stronger.

9. how do i know what you say is credible?

[​IMG]

10. haha try it man...

11. i kinda feel ya man. I have no problem with my bong hits, I take big bong hits like a champ. Its what im known for amongst my buds. But pipes (are worst) and joints make me cough hard.

Like some people say, maybe im spoiled with my bong, it takes beautiful hits and through daily use im definitely just accustomed to it.

12. I been smokin everyday for a while now and a few months back i had to cut back on blunts pretty badly bc I was waking up every morning (and throughout the day) and coughing up black shit. It was really nasty and i felt it in my lungs so I just smoked bongs and didnt smoke blunts for like a week or 2 and shit got better.

13. haha fucking hilarious picture. I think this guy isnt off his rocker though. I somewhat remember in bio 30 learning about lungs sounds like hes onto something. Not that im any more credible. :hello:

what i do do is when im gonna take a big hit I exhale all I can before lighting it up, then I can use my full lung capacity, im not sure if this is common knowledge; its just what I do.

14. im glad you brought up capacity...
    another thing i learned what capacity doesnt matter so much. surface area of the alveoli (there, thats it haha) does.
    ex: you take a HUGE hit of a bong and have little surface area, and then another kid takes a medium hit but has more surface area. youre both going to be equally high.
    you are born with a certain amount of surface area - that doesnt change throughout your lifetime, the capacity does.