sensi star cfl grow!!!!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by magicc, Jan 22, 2012.

1. hey GC, been meaning to make a journal so here it is. Im working with roughly 110 actual cfl watts in MG moisture control soil , which says it has "enough for six months" so i havent fed her anything yet just water.73 days old and Shes looking good!!! i just rotated her for the first time since i started flowering and realized that i should have done it sooner. the bud sites were a little small in the back so thats what ya see in the pics. but still pretty good. Im in my 32nd day of flowering and im wondering how much longer before harvest and im seeing solid formed buds. any thoughts on that??? here is a link to a thread that has every thing from day 16 of this girls whole life (so veg too :smoke:).....http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-marijuana-growing/949017-16-day-old-plants-small-help-17.html

thanks for any comments and advice given, ill be keeping this updated regularly .............

Attached Files:

2. hey there GC im bacck with an update. shes looking good and will be in her 6th week of flowering in a few days. some of the fan leaves are starting to yellow but nothing really serious. I wonder how much longer i have?? ill just have to wait and see. here are some pics....

Attached Files:

3. This late into flowering it is normal to have yellowing leaves. It's perfectly normal. The plant focuses the last of it's energy on the buds and starts abandoning the leaves. Freaked me out the first time!

Your wattage is good. The general rule is 100 (actual) watts per plant.

You are getting very close to harvest time. You should spend some time google'ing and researching. You cannot determine the right time to harvest based on time alone, though it is usually between 6-9 weeks. the color of the "hairs" does not tell you anything, despite popular belief.

The correct way to determine harvest time is by looking at the trichomes. You will need a magnifying glass, preferably a jeweler's loop, or something similar. You examine the trichomes and depending on whether or not they are clear, cloudy, white/amber, you decide if it's time to harvest. Harvesting early or late can effect the type of high the MJ will produce, so it's important to know what you are doing. Start researching now, you will be harvesting within the next couple of weeks!

Here is a helpful picture:

[​IMG]

Good luck!

4. Thanks bro , ya i figured The yellowing was cause of flowering. I'll be getting my hands on a 30x 60x jewelers scope hopefully. I'm hella excited for harvest!!!

5. Right on man! :hello:

Harvest is a fun time, though a lot of work as well. It takes quite a while to trim everything up properly, and you will be sore the next day. Call me a sissy, but I also always have a hard time killing the poor little plant that I have raised from a seed :cry:

Now is a good time to read up on drying, curing, and storing processes. They say it is as important as all of the growing you have done up to this point. If you do it wrong the end product will not smoke right, or it may even get moldy and you'll have to discard it all. Do your homework on drying, curing, and storing!!

...and keep us updated :cool: :smoke: