Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Sense of smell.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ydidimakeths420, Mar 21, 2011.

1. #1 ydidimakeths420, Mar 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2011
    Hey guys, I just have a quick question.
    I have been burning for about a year or so, and i have noticed that marijuana doesn't seem to affect my sense of smell very much.

Anybody else have this happen?

2. It definitely makes things taste better, and since half of tasting things is smelling it, I would conclude that sense of smell may very well be affected.

3. during periods of heavy smoking... my smell gets worse..

4. Im pretty sure i have experienced the same, it almost feels as though my other senses overpower it.

5. I feel like it would probably impact your sense of smell at least a little, considering you can blow smoke out of your nose and whatnot.

6. pretty sure it does have an impact.. the smoke does go through your respiratory system.. the tar left behind could have some effect on your sense of smell when you blow the smoke through your nose.

7. Ahh shit man, that's not really what i meant.
    I mean like, ganja doesn't really enhance my sense of smell (its the only sense it doesnt :p)

8. I've been smoking a shit load for the past few months and I cant smell SHIT. :D

9. I find when I start smoking it becomes harder for me to smell weed. If someone takes a hit and exhales I can smell that sweet smell just fine, however, as soon as I take a hit, I can hardly smell it at all. Kind of sucks when you don't know if you reak like weed or not in a public situation :p

10. I get a stuffy nose every time i smoke.

11. when i smoke, i always smell pot, no matter where i go.
    maybe its cuz i smoke to much :D

12. Ah. Yeah I think it makes my sense of smell worse too

13. Good to know i'm not the only one. :hello: