Senior prom. Some advice would be nice

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by ChronBong, May 19, 2012.

1. Yesterday I asked this girl I kinda like to prom. The thing is, it's next weekend. Horrible timing I know. Well I texted her and asked if she had any idea what color she was going to wear cause my parents said the guy has to match the girl and she doesn't have any idea. I just called her and she didn't answer. It feels like she doesn't even want to go and is just taking her time.

My mom said I gotta figure out what's going on cause I need time to order a corsage and get fitted for a tux and everything. I told her we could talk about it in class on Monday but it's getting kind of irritating. I don't want to come off as needy since we aren't dating or anything but there's only a damn week till prom. I need to figure this shit out fast cause my whole schedule next week is pretty packed.

Any advice? Im not the person to go to many dances and neither is she

2. How bout if you guys aren't dance people then ask her out to a movie or something instead. Honestly, she may have said yes just to be nice and doesn't really want to go. No girl wants to be rushed one week before prom..

3. #3 ChronBong, May 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2012
    Well if she really didn't want to be rushed then I would think shed have said no to a big decision like that.

Edit: I even told her she could say no cause I didn't even plan on going to prom and that I wouldn't have cared. It was spontaneous when I asked her

4. I even told her it wasn't a big deal if she said no cause I didn't even plan on going so it's be alright. She said yeah still

5. How about who gives a fuck about matching?
    If anything it should be the girl tripping about matching and to me it sounds like she doesn't give a shit so I say follow her lead.

Just do your thing, go to the prom together and have yourself a good time. If that means leaving her to go dance with other woman than do that. Make it a night that is fun for you, don't trip over whether other people are having fun, you don't have much control over their feelings.

Do yourself a solid and have fun.

6. [quote name='"Rasta Viking"']How about who gives a fuck about matching?
    If anything it should be the girl tripping about matching and to me it sounds like she doesn't give a shit so I say follow her lead.

Just do your thing, go to the prom together and have yourself a good time. If that means leaving her to go dance with other woman than do that. Make it a night that is fun for you, don't trip over whether other people are having fun, you don't have much control over their feelings.

Do yourself a solid and have fun.[/quote]

Thanks. That's the thing that worries me. I don't think she's even worried about any of the shit which is pretty selfish if you ask me. I don't know anything about prom and with only a week left its kind of stressful. I don't know if it's just her personality or she just doesn't give a shit. Women are confusing.

If shes gonna be like this and we still end up going then I might just go and have fun with my friends instead

7. This is what I did
    Danced for 30 minutes, left and got wasted off my ass than had a bunch of sex. Do that

8. I'd love to but shes not that type and first drink. I don't think she even likes me honestly cause she's doesn't seem to be worried at all or caring about it even though there's only a week left

9. OP was underaged when he joined GC.

10. Really man, doesn't matter.

Just get a black tie, get your damn suit, and worry about yourself. Also, a corsage is real easy to get - you can walk into a flower store 5 mins to and get that. Don't let your mom nag you into anxiety... Also, prom's not too big of a deal, or as much of a deal as you think it may be.

It was you, after all, who asked her a week prior. Don't trip just wait it out a bit.

11. Dude if she doesn't give a fuck, then you don't give a fuck.

Oh, and get drunk before you go.

12. Alright well my mom called my aunt and they are going to give me my cousins suit cause it doesn't fit him anymore. It should be the girl who is stressing out and If I am, it's not going to make things any better so fuck it.

13. same here, except I drank too much and couldn't get a boner. best prom ever.......

I don't know how to give advice to this.... sounds like the girl is not communicating very well.

14. I figured the corsage out the day before prom and the tux a week before prom, stop fretting man.

I don't know about you, but I barely saw my date at prom, we got a table with all the guys and we did our own shit. Prom really is not about the date, trust me.

15. i disagree. prom is about a 95% chance of getting laid. you don't have those odds very often....... unless you james bond or something.

16. [quote name='"TopDawgEnt"']I figured the corsage out the day before prom and the tux a week before prom, stop fretting man.

I don't know about you, but I barely saw my date at prom, we got a table with all the guys and we did our own shit. Prom really is not about the date, trust me.[/quote]

Haha your telling me. I called her a couple hours ago to chat about it when my mom was getting me going and she can't even bother to call back.

And I kinda like this girl so I'm gonna try to make it a good time for both of us but if she's going to keep acting like this then I'm not going to bother. So far it's not looking too hot

17. Just find anorher hoe if she goes ya got two hoes = two dumb hoes to fuck

18. fuck the actual dance, its all about the party after dude, still havent been to a party as crazy as my senior prom.

19. you could just get a black tux with a black vest,pants, and bow-tie or tie..and then just a white shirt and as long as you just match the flower thing it doesn't really matter.

and you should not wait until the day before to order the flowers hahaha you need to go do that soon for sure because once it gets super close to prom, places stop accepting new orders. trust me it for sure happens.

and for your date, i feel like she has to know what her dress is by now.. i would for sure keep on trying to improve communication skills with her... :eek:

20. #20 GillyTHEkid, May 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2012
    just get a black tux with a silver vest and silver bowtie/tie.

it matches with everything.. thats actually what i wore to my prom and my date wore like a bright light blue.

the corsage can be white so it doesn't matter what she wears.

stop stressing homie, its all good.

edit: oh another great tip.. since you said you like her, get a nice white rose to give to her when you pick her up.

im sure she is stressing as much as you are because you asked her a damn WEEK before prom.you gotta realize that shes prolly having a tough time finding a damn prom dress cuz all the good ones are sold out due to all the proms being close proximity to each other.