sending packages to the post office.

Discussion in 'General' started by omg nipz, Oct 6, 2012.

1. sup.

So I'm buying an MFLB but I don't want it to show up at my door when I'm not home but my dad is, so I heard that you can just send it to the post office and pick it up there. Has anyone done this with a package before? Do I have to talk to the post office first before I purchase the MFLB?

2. Call your local post office and ask them.

3. :cool:

4. Yes...? I do it all the time man.. When parcels arrive for me, I only get a slip in my mailbox saying that I received a parcel, and I have to go to the post office in town to pick up the package.. Make sure and bring ID

5. pretty soon Amazon is going to have SAME DAY delivery, too. pretty sweet

6. [quote name='"Friendlybear"']pretty soon Amazon is going to have SAME DAY delivery, too. pretty sweet[/quote]

what?! How is that even possible?

7. I think it will only be if you live in a big city where they can build a Walm-mart sized warehouse. it'll basically be a walmart that delivers

8. Because Amazon works their workers to death and back. I worked there last year and 60-70 hour weeks were the norm. 100+ degrees on the floor and they work you like a dog. So bad that they have paramedics in the building to tend to people who pass out/have heat strokes.

As soon as you put your order in its sent to the nearest warehouse and its picked, packed and on the truck ready to be sent to you in under half an hour.

9. sounds hectic! did you get any overtime?

10. 20-30 hours a week overtime

11. holy fuck. I will never order from amazon again

12. [quote name='"Budzilla420"']

Because Amazon works their workers to death and back. I worked there last year and 60-70 hour weeks were the norm. 100+ degrees on the floor and they work you like a dog. So bad that they have paramedics in the building to tend to people who pass out/have heat strokes.

As soon as you put your order in its sent to the nearest warehouse and its picked, packed and on the truck ready to be sent to you in under half an hour.[/quote]

I appreciate your hard work. Overnight free shipping from Amazon is awesome