Sending $100 in the mail

Discussion in 'General' started by Crow, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Hey, I was planning to make a purchase of about $100 from this site, but I have no means to pay other than to send GC cash. This seems like a reliable website to order from, but I'm a little concerned about sending a 100 dollar bill internationally...
    Anybody done this before or have any advice?
    Or is it just a bad idea?
    Thanks in advance!:)

2. Just wrap it up in a piece of paper--like typing paper; it's thicker than notebook paper. Then put the bill and the paper in a security envelope. You can't see in the envelopes. Shouldn't be a problem then.

3. wrap it multiple times so it can't be seen through the envelope

4. Go to the bank and get a money order

5. you can buy a visa gift card and use it over the internet just like a debit card (its bassivly a debit card with blank amount of mnoney in the account) but im pretty sure they only sell them up to 50 dollars, maybe you could get two 50 dollar ones and ask the site to bill each card for 50 dollars? anyway i hope i helped.

6. Hobobob is right, you probably want the gift2go visa they sell at walgreens. Use it pretty much anywhere and an $100 card costs like $104

7. do i need a bank account for that?

I'm not stoned, just stupid:D

8. You do not need a bank account for a Visa gift card. Simply walk into any bank, ask for one, pay the fee they charge for the card which is usually $5-$15 and give them the money. You can also get reloadable Visa, Mastercard and American Express cards at CVS, Walgreens, Riteaid, etc now. Or you could just get a money order which is alittle easier but not as secure.

9. Why pay all that money when a money order cost a few cents...order seeds all the time from U.K and the turnaround time is never more than two weeks...I know you can wait two weks whats that 1 pack of zigzags or two packs of phillies.

10. Well a Visa and other CC's are instant, no doubt they got your money. Money orders can be lost, stolen, etc etc. I hate mailing stuff.

11. But what are the chances that my money order will somehow get fucked up(assuming I take all the precautions, no coins, wrap it in paper, etc)?

Statistics or personal experience?.......

12. Ya go to the bank or get a friend with a credit card that has, a zero balance on it. The visa gift card, fast and safe transaction what if they say they never recieved your money order. Then your out 100 bones, i've did money orders before and got screwed cause basically its ligit cash, with a visa card you recieve your transaction record that states you sent them the money.peace

13. You will need an international money order most likely, do not forget.

14. yeah man whatsup yeah yo tyou should do it and all you know jus do it

15. Are you stoned?

I'm thinking of just going ahead and sending the cash.....
    Any suggestions on cool shit to buy? I'm sorta newbie and only have one pipe and its broken.:(

16. Banned? Lemme guess, directly after he sent his $100 bucks in cash? :D

17. Not likely, but I always like to go with the safer route. And he'll get his order faster with a CC. It will take a week or more for them to even get the money.

18. www.greendot.com is a reloadable Visa card you can use over and over again...I would go with that If I were you.You could also find it at CVS and Wallmart.

19. hehehe.....green.

has anyone ever sent cash to GC to buy stuff? what happened?