Send in the clones

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Marapa, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Nice pics. I'm pulling up a chair. The trichs are so dense and well formed on that PPP its hard to believe it wouldn't be a good one.

2. I know i maybe kinda late, but here is my opinion. if any one cares that is lol.
    If you just got random seeds and had no idea the strain, type, or anything. And just grew it from your own knowledge and experience, what would you do? I dont always listen to breeders suggestions mainly because i dont have the same grow environment. Think of it like a date, you paid for the dinner, movie is over, If the girl is telling you she's ready. THEN THE GIRL IS READY!!! WOOO HOOO!!!!! lmao

3. Im not one to give advice about Harvest considering I just finished my first but I would say if she has amber trichs and most of the pistils are orange, swollen pods and what not I would say cut her down. You know these breeders say 8-9 weeks but thats an estimate as we all know. I honestly think there is no set time to harvest its all about how the plant progresses in flower and about the growers instincts. If your gut is saying everything fits the bill for harvest but it says 8-9 weeks , go with your gut. You just may have a fast finishing pheno. Try searching on here and some other forums about the strain and see if anyone else has had the same fast flowering girl like yours. Dont want her to degrade:( pfft I dont even know why I am saying this stuff. Its like a young jedi giving yoda advice HAHA!

EDIT: DERP DG! /facepalm

I just saw you did do some research on the strain and what other had to say. But glad we thought of the same thing:)

4. Hi Marapa,

>>...I shot this with the camera and macro lens

Still lots of clear ones in that shot.

I like it better than the microscope shots.

Sterces.

5. Lmao How appropriate of an analogy!

6. The patron saint of organic terrorists across Butt Crack, Arkansas - Captain America in his 1978 incarnation.......

[​IMG]

7. Lmao whats up with you and the butt crack cities of america? Lol

8. #48 LumperDawgz2, Dec 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2011
    SeanDawg

Practice zazen ('the wall') and contemplate the centuries-old Zen question: "Wherein lies the dharma body of the Buddha?"

Check out Huxley's "Doors of Perception" for a roadmap.

That and I lived for a full year in Dog Turd, Oklahoma and the Butt Crackers always made fun of our little berg out there in the 'real America' we all dream about. Especially after a night of Hera Dura shooters and a couple racks of Keystone tall boys.

LD

9. BP, good to see you in here. I agree, I'm thinking this means PPP is gonna keep a spot in the cabinet for awhile.... :hello:

SD, yeah, I'm going with my senses on this and harvesting soon...but I wish you hadn't made the comparison to the dinner date, cause some of those girls can really put out some mixed signals, heh! I hope PPP is not one of those teases :rolleyes:

Long as you're feeling The Force, DG, just let it fly ;)

Sterces, I agree. I got the microscope to see microbes in the soil, then I got a little sidetracked by the incredible quality of the image through the eyepiece of the microscope, once you get the lighting and lenses all lined up...it's quite a trip, moving around a drop of water and your soil, or moving over a sugar leaf. But I can't yet capture that feeling through the microscope with the camera...many rivers to cross there. :cool:

LD,

My handle is inspired by the Tibetan saint Milarepa, and his teacher Marpa the Translator. They are my superheroes. I read Huxley in or around 1978; I wasn't watching any TV or reading comic books then. Huxley's book otoh helped changed my life-- my conception of reality, perception, personhood. Samsara. Thai stick and Lime Green helped in that respect, too. ;)

You remind me a bit of the stories of Milarepa and Marpa. Like this quote attributed to Milarepa: “In my youth I committed black deeds. In maturity I practiced innocence. Now, released from both good and evil, I have destroyed the root of karmic action and shall have no reason for action in the future. To say more than this would only cause weeping and laughter. What good would it do to tell you? I am an old man. Leave me in peace. “

I'm honored to have you show up here in my little thread-- Butt Crack, Capt Amerika and all. I hope you'll stick around and keep telling stories, and not fully adopt Mila's attitude. :)

10. I shot some pics today with more conventional bud lighting, i.e. flash. Here's PPP. I expect I'll harvest her in a few days...and I expect I'll enjoy her a lot more than I enjoyed her sister from my 2011 outdoor gro...who smelled good and was pretty and purple, but sort of skinny and airheaded....:p

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

11. Cheese is coming on strong, but still has a couple weeks to go, I guess. I really like the strong patterns of trichs on her sugar leaves....:smoke:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

12. I don't think I'll ever forget my first gro fav....and it keeps a place in the cabinet.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Smile has a nice smell and nice leaf senescence, but the buds just don't have the bulk I'd like to see. So when she gets chopped, unless the buzz is unbelievable, it's gonna be "pack your knives and go." :wave:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

14. Chocolope, otoh, is my new Top Chef....for now. ;)

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

15. Marapa

A couple of years I came up with a straight-up cloning gel using kelp meal tea, aloe vera extract and wild honey. All ingredients were chosen for specific compounds that would give organic growers a product that they could use.

Look at any and all rooting compound products and on there is a clear warning because they all contain lab-produced compounds like the ones found in kelp meal - but the chemical versions are registered pesticides by E.P.A which is why the caution on using these on food plants - forget organic - just commonsense.

Let me know if you'd like me to post the formula/recipe. Stupid easy and extremely effective. Particular if you're oriented to using gels for which there are a number of viable reasons to do so.

HTH

LD

16. Those be some nice pics :)

17. Marapa

We have the Northwest Tibetan Cultural Association here. They provide a number of services like classes, special events, language classes.

There are also 5 Buddhist Temples of several schools including a couple that are Japanese Zen temples. Both have Bon Festivals to honor dead relatives each summer. Watching the little girls in the robes dancing to traditional Bhuddhist music is a wonderful experience.

Strong Buddhist organization in Oregon. The Dalai Lama has been 4 times since I move here in the late 1980's and we were lucky to attend his talks each time. Pretty inspirational and insightful.

Check out the soundtrack to the documentary on the Dalai Lama titled '10 Question For The Dalai Lama" or better yet the film/video. Beautiful music from the monks at the Dalai Lama's home at Dharamsala, India.

LD

18. #58 SeanDawg, Dec 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2011
    I like when you guys Suggest reading material!
    Its just hard for me to keep up lol.

LD
    Are you really of the Buddhist Religion or are you using your Butt Crack country sense of humor again and juss messin with my mind? lol

oh also, could you please post that gel :) I'd like to know, if its not too much of a hassle.

19. #59 LumperDawgz2, Dec 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2011
    Sean

Yes on the Buddhism

RE: Cloning Gel

Here are the components and why they're used:

1. Aloe Vera: Salicylic acid is a plant compound which has been used as a rooting agent for over 120 years in the nursery industry. This is the compound that's found in Willow trees which you might have run across in posts on rooting a cutting

2. Kelp: Kelp contains the natural forms of rooting compounds that you find in commercial products, compounds like Indole-3-acetic acid (IAA), Indole-3-butyric acid (IBA), 4-Chloroindole-3-acetic acid and Phenylacetic acid which are auxins (hormones - all auxins are hormones but not all hormones are auxins). These compounds perform different functions as far as facilitating root development, i.e. IAA creates the actual root sites on the cutting's shaft whereas IBA causes root elongation. All of these are in soluble form and are in an organic form vs. the versions found in Clonex, Dip-n-Grow, Olivia's, whatever.

3. Honey: Honey contains a slew of enzymes, amino acids and also contain compounds which function as a biofungicide exactly like Aloe Vera extracts.

So there's the basic mix but you'll need to go one step further to get this into a gel. For that you can go to Dip-n-Grow and purchase a product that they call Dip Gel which is simply an inert carboxmethly cellulose product. When it's mixed with water it becomes very thick, i.e. a gel.

The price was around $16.00 for a pound and you mixed it something like 10 grams to a quart of water and shake it and then let it sit overnight and the next morning you have gel.

So you would use the kelp, aloe vera to create a rooting compound to the strength you want, add the Dip Gel powder and the next morning you'll have a quart of organic, effective rooting compound. The versions used in some of the commercial rooting compounds are registered pesticides (NAA in particular which is the one in Clonex if I remember correctly).

Add some BioAg Fulvic Acid and increase the effectiveness even more.

HTH

LD

20. LD

Wow Thank you so much!

I can only Imagine how you have acquired this mass of information throughout your life.
    For me I obtained this knowledge over the information. But im sure you have a pretty awesome story for most if not all of this information.