Senators Got 154-Page 'Fiscal Cliff' Bill 3 Minutes Before Voting on It

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deleted member 472633, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Senators Got 154-Page 'Fiscal Cliff' Bill 3 Minutes Before Voting on It | CNS News

Remember Nancy Pelosi's infamous quote, ""We have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it"

2. Well....at least they were thinking of the rum.

3. I can only imagine the shit they snuck in.

on the plus side... Mmmhmmmm Rum.

[​IMG]

4. yeah im sure thats gonna help the us out alot

5. Congress shouldn't be allowed to write laws like that.

They should have to vote on each individual provision

6. Why would they even release this information?

7. US House passes 'fiscal cliff' deal - Americas - Al Jazeera English

Sucks congress put in a rum tax because now it will be more expensive for them to get drunk before making bills like this...

8. Am I the only one whose ready to say fuck this govt and start a fight about it. Call me a redneck or hillbilly or whatever. Say violence doesn't solve problems. I say sometimes somebody just needs a good ass whooping to get a point across.

9. [​IMG]

10. Damn they can read fast.

But really who the fuck has time to write a 154 page law, thats a fucking novel there could be so much random stuff in there. I want to be that guy who writes the laws and on a random page
    "This provision also states that the area located at (my address) is exempt from all federal laws and taxes"

11. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acLW1vFO-2Q]George Carlin ~ The American Dream - YouTube[/ame]

12. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqfDqDB8uzE]Lewis Black on the difference between Democrats and Republicans - YouTube[/ame]

13. maaaaan americans are so dumb
    we elect someone to represent us in "goverment"
    and this guy who represets us makes laws that are 100, 1000's of pages long
    AND THEY DONT EVEN READ WHAT THEY ARE SIGNING

its like a contract that can sell your life, but you dont know that because the contract is so long and boring so we just say where do i sign

why do we keep electing the same kind of people into power to represent us?

14. because they do a great job convincing the stupid majority that they are different than the last guy.

15. I have a strong notion that baby boomers love baby boomers. They want to be stuck in their childhood. They want the people who can "relate" to them in office.

Like bill o'reilly.

Obummer was elected cause...well we both know :p

16. yeah and democrats love democrats, and republicans love republicans.

we just reelected a president that basically forced the signing of a healthcare bill that he knew no one read.
    just that alone is pretty crazy..

17. "Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it."
    --Mark Twain

Wow this quote really speaks to me, I wonder this all the time and cannot come up with the answer. I might create a thread just on this quote.

18. In fairness they probly knew what the bill said before it was introduced.

The bill was most likely written by more then ones person and.talked about for a while before introduced