Senator Rand Paul detained

Discussion in 'Politics' started by reigninblood, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Because they wont debate.

But I still like to have fun w/ it. Normally I wake up and smoke a few cigarettes before I start hitting the bong, so I'm good for like an hour or so in the afternoon. After that, I just go back to talking about farts and what have you in the more serious forums.

2. It's all good. I don't even think I really have to file unless I want the return. It's probably not that much for real I'll let em keep it.

3. i agree with this..

people have tried and failed many times.

as far as Rand Paul..

isn't that what happens when people refuse a search?

or did i miss something?

4. Extremely weak, but it was something at least. No time to elaborate more though.

5. What pisses me off is that I sit and watch c-span like 30 hours a week, then I come on to debate and no one knows jack shit about what they're even talking about at all.

I'm just gonna lay around w/ a whore for the next couple days and get high. I wanna see something when I come back here guys. Think of it as homework. I'm serious.

6. what would you like to debate?

7. Weak but you can't elaborate? Fucking amazing.

8. Dude I don't wanna debate you. You're smart. It's like as soon as you get here the fun is over. I still think I'm probably right and you might be wrong, whatever the topic that just my nature, but you're good to where I'd actually have to think before I type which is alot of work for a lazy bastard like myself. Plus I like the grateful dead, and when I look at your avatar it's like I just can't see you as an adversary.

9. Still cocky after getting your ass handed to you about the Fed? Now THAT is fucking amazing.

10. Not to mention he supports the death penalty for marijuana smuggling! Not saying smuggling isn't bad, but death penalty bad?

And his stupid quote on when I smoked it it wasn't morally wrong, now it's morally wrong, some garbage like that. WTF?:confused: how could anyone think he's worth voting for?

11. :p

you know how it works man.. we're both right in our own mind..

just like weed growers.. each one of us grow the best weed and have the best techniques :D

i donno the whole story on this one.. but if Paul refused a search, then i guess they detain him.. isn't that how it works?

i don't agree with the whole TSA deal.. but i don't think politicians should get special treatment, even if they are as awesome as the pauls..

12. There are thousands of pages/threads on here with all sorts of info debunking all the arguments you have presented here. We aren't interested in regurgitating everything over & over again every time someone challenges it on here. Seriously, do a search on here, and if you can't find answers to your questions then post them in their own thread. I take back what I said about you not trolling this thread. Now you're just arguing with everyone & stearing it off topic

13. Who handed my ass to me? That's what you call that? You're just declaring victory without even articulating your argument?

14. From what I've read, he asked for a second scan and the TSA refused insisting on a pat down even though the area in question was his knee (which one report indicated he lifted his pant leg & exposed his knee voluntarily). A full body pat down for his knee? When does it end?

15. So let's just not pat people down anymore. If it were you or me, we might have been strip searched.

16. What? Even with a strict adherence to states' rights this is a Federal issue. :confused:

Federal courts have Federal oversight. Challenges to the Constitution are held in Federal courts.

What am I missing here?

17. I'm saying that the 4th amendment as we understand it is a result of an interpretation of the constitution, and that our common understanding of protection from search and seizure isn't explicit in the 4th amendment. So the problem is in just saying, "hey, all we need is in the constitution". Because it's not. It never has been. That's the whole reason we have courts is because everyone fights over what the laws mean. You start shifting those kinds of responsibilities to the local level, the corruption will get worse.

Doesn't Ron Paul at some point contend that the scotus isn't constitutional in some way or another?

18. The Fed is bad because it politicizes monetary policy. Instead of doing what is right for the long term health of the nation, the Federal Reserve does what is right for the careers of those associated with it. Presidents will appoint a Fed director that will make sure the economy is in the plus during their administration, that's all that is important to them.

The Fed has been a boon for the top 1% and any attempt to increase transparency or reduce power of the Fed is met with fierce opposition from the establishment elite.

Yes an overhaul would cause instability but that is the inevitable result of fiat currency. Either we transition away from it deliberately, or we are forced to transition when the currency is abandoned by the world.

19. States' rights would not shift responsibility to local courts though, unless you're talking about social issues like abortion and marriage.

As the 10th amendment says, only those issues not explicitly listed in the Constitution are left up to the states. Thankfully, all of our essential freedoms are protected by the Constitution. The rest should be up to the local populations to decide.

No, but he has proposed bills that would limit their power to legislate from the bench, specifically by barring their opinions on religious and social matters like marriage, education and abortion.

If the people want those to be national issues then the Constitution has to explicitly reference them.

20. What a crock of shit.

TSA = Security theater. Have the stopped any terrorists? No. Do they let 65 year-old ladies board a plane with a pistol? Yes.