Senator Rand Paul detained

Discussion in 'Politics' started by reigninblood, Jan 23, 2012.

1. So far I'm a trolling ignorant asshat whom no one has time for.

Anyone anywhere wanna talk about the consequences of Ron Pauls ideology or are we for real just gonna keep embarassing ourselves?

2. :wave:

3. I don't think you do get it... All essential liberties are in the US Constitution, and all the states have to abide by those laws first and foremost.

For example, the 4th amendment protects us from unreasonable search and seisure.

If a state does not want to follow the law of the union then they are free to secede. :)

4. Well thanks man. But asshat is at the bottom so I still win right?

5. ^I know a dog that looks just like his avatar.

6. Dude the constitution didn't give us protection from what we know today as a search. That was the Court. 4th amendment is like the textbook example when they talk about the difference between right explicit in the constitution and rights that have been inferred from it. Without those state cases falling into federal jurisdictions on appeal, then the Court never would have heard it.

I don't know if the place you live has corrupt local politicians, but I've lived in alot of places that do. And honestly man, you can be in a circuit court just trying to think of a way to get an appeal for someone, and the fact is that without that federal oversight, you're going to have local judges doing alot of horrible shit, and you're gonna hear alot less about it.

7. Dude what do you think a contradiction is?

8. Meh, i don't like that guy anyways.

9. Oh noes not enough dollars!! Too bad the amount of dollars in circulation means nothing. If it meant anything Zimbabwe would be one of the wealthiest nations in the world. After all they have $100 billion denominated bills. Too bad that wont even buy a dozen eggs.

The fact that you believe monetary expansion is vital for any economy, let alone our own, proves how ignorant you are in regards to economics.

By some miracle you are correct about the need to stimulate production though, you just have no clue how to accomplish that. The Fed is only making that harder to do by destroying savings, and savings are the backbone of a productive economy. Look at the Chinese savings rate compared to ours. The Fed has made saving money the worst possible thing to do with your money. Deferred consumption is the key to production, but Bernanke believes present consumption is all important and savings aren't needed at all, we just need to keep borrowing and going into more debt. Production will never be stimulated in that type of environment. Thus the need to end the Fed.

10. #90 mrgoodsmoke, Jan 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2012

Hey man, in a free market, the strongest survive. I'm buying a house in 3 months. My car is paid for and under warranty, I work about 30 hours a week. I don't try and profit off of workers by investing in thier stocks, I don't try and profit off people taking out loans by collecting interest on savings. I show almost no income, and could on paper qualify for welfare more than likely.
    You wanna know the best part? My tax return for this year will only show about 8k in income. I don't pay taxes, I don't rely on corporate america, the government, or taxpayers or anyone for anything. I don't need the government to create a scam so that in 15 years I can retire. I can just create my own scam. Natural selection dude. Maybe some people just need all those crutches because they aren't enterprising enough, or because they want to be insanely greedy, or beause they're intellectually lazy or have no enterprise or work ethic, maybe they want to be entitled to something they didn't create. I dunno. I don't understand those people.

In my life, it doesn't matter who the president is, or what the tax code says, or whether weed is legal or not. If I want to do something, or not pay taxes, or smoke weed, then I already can. I don't feel obligated to help dummies who can't already get away with it.

11. Could you back up your claims? I'm curious to get your opinion here.

Why is the Federal Reserve good?
    Whys is international intervention good?
    Why is the gold standard bad?

12. I'm gonna do the classic atheist move here. Watch for it..........

I didn't make those claims. I asked someone else to back up thier belief in the opposite. Burden of proof shifted right? Isn't this a formal debate? Shouldn't it be?

13. This is a fine example of political showmanship from our white house.. It seems that's all they publicly partake in nowadays.. 21st century politics is a joke and a half..

14. I backed up my belief, and you responded by talking about unrelated things and dodging the argument. The onus is now on you to actually refute anything I said economically. This is what you wanted right? Let's see you defend the Fed.

15. Guys, this isn't the RP appreciation thread. mrgoodsmoke hasn't trolled anything in here. If he trolled another thread that's one thing, but in this thread I see no trolling. Now, having said that, the guy obviously can't be reasoned with, so instead of arguing with a brick wall...how about we stop feeding and start ignoring him

16. #96 mrgoodsmoke, Jan 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2012

Can't be reasoned with?

I have seen no use of reason.

I think you've got it backwards buddy.

This is the problem with your generation. You put your fingers in your ears when people disagree, then when your life sucks you blame everyone else.

Pretty sad guys. You really are a bunch of kids.

No need to be disrespectful. Mat369

17. Exactly, you cannot debate the ron paul cult.

18. This was not some "random" thing, tsa claims that an "anomoly" with the scanner caused it to go off, but what are the chances that it just happened to have this "anomoly" right when one of their biggest critics in the senate was going through? Complete BS story on their part

Video: Sen. Rand Paul Criticizes TSA Searches at Hearing | The Courier-Journal | courier-journal.com

19. How about this, I didn't say the fed was good. I asked people to elaborate as to why it's bad. Given that, I'll still throw out my most prominent concern about it.

I think that whether it's good or bad, making radical unprecedented changes to things is bad. That's the very core idea of conservatism. You know, to conserve things, like in whatever state.

So you start violating your own conservative principles, and what you end up w/ is a whole lot of instabilty. I think it's pretty self evident that overhauling the monetary system of the richest country in the world would cause a great deal of instability and speculators would be in a situation ripe for exploitation. That's gonna cause an even larger consolidation of wealth at the top.

How's that?

20. If you invoke the IRS they may appear:eek: