Senator Leahy would like to invade your privacy without a warrant

Discussion in 'Politics' started by StickyIckyRicky, Nov 21, 2012.

1. I am as disgusted as I am unsurprised, given that Leahy's sinister ass is the reason that the PATRIOT Act became as unconstitutional as it could be.

Senate bill rewrite lets feds read your e-mail without warrants - Yahoo! News

[​IMG]

2. This ended up being scrapped for the time being, I'm sure we'll see it again sometime soon, though.

3. How long before we're locked inside the twenty first century panopticon of the surveillance state, for own our safety of course?

4. Does anyone really believe that email has ever been "private"?

5. It's one thing for the government, which spawned the internet, to access it. I'm sure they have and still do. It's another thing to formally grant them that privilege through legislation and further allow lower levels of law enforcement similar rights.

They scrapped the revised version too? I know they went back to the drawing board because the DOJ didn't like the warrant requirement. This is pleasing to me, if true.

6. Wouldn't it be funny if someone got into his e-mail and they found out he was banging dudes or something.

7. This is Leahy's response to that article:

Tech news website says Leahy flipflopped on warrantless email snooping

8. of course. why would a former prosecutor want to hinder the shady doings of law enforcement?

*puke*

9. So I'm pretty much just going to write emails to my friends about how I have the hots for Sarah Palin and other lovely ladies in politics.

It's not like I use my email for anything important, anyways. I'm sure it would give whoever is looking at it a good laugh.