Senate Hearing On Legalization Today

Discussion in 'Politics' started by smokedoggydogg, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Legalization is an awful idea.

The fact the people are willing to let a group of elites tell you what you can, and cannot do with you body, calling it "legal" or "illegal", is terrible. It's also going to open up the floodgates for new taxes and regulations.

How about its just a plant that has many uses and humans mutually use it for their own means?

2. I see where you're coming from, but I think if it were legal and they did start adding all these taxes, couldn't people just grow their own stuff and not have to pay taxes on it? And if they did why wouldn't the person just not tell anyone so they don't have to pay taxes. It's just a thought...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Yes I understand. I'm more worried about any regulations that might come along with it than taxation to be honest.

Thats why I favor decriminalization more. I believe the saying "You give them an inch and they take a mile" could come into effect.

I'm just very weary about it, not to mention any bullshit riders that could be placed into any law/bill that state and federal judicial branches create.

4. make it legal to grow a few plants and ill be a happy man till the day I die.

But it's better than what you have now, right? I think our Dutch laws concerning weed are absolutely ridiculous, but I do get to buy weed legally from well established businesses.

6. Hopefully they legalize it. I'm sure the 87% of people arrested for possession wouldn't mind their lives not being ruined.

7. Its been legal for me since I made it legal. Everything else is just harassment, assault, kidnapping and the state practicing its "ownership" over me. 

My man! The right of personal nullification. I just helped out with a day long nullification convention in Denver and other than actually legally nullifying laws a lot of the speakers were staunch advocates of personal nullification. Refusing to comply with unconstitutional and unjust laws. If enough people refuse to comply then the law is meaningless.

9. #10 Senior PoopiePants, Sep 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2013
    It's on...

Am I getting it twisted or does it seem it might be rescheduled???

10. And Grassley needs to wake the fuck up.

11. Hell yeah watching this on Cspan3 right now. Just started a little while ago. First few opening statements seemed promising. Chuck Grassely of Iowa is hitting all the old authoritarian talking points though. This guy loves the Kool-Aid.

The lesser of two evils is still evil.

13. #15 Senior PoopiePants, Sep 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2013
  14. WOW, leahy just brought up how banks aren't supporting any dispensaries because their afraid they'll get caught up in Federal money laundering laws and how this is obviously a problem. O_O

15. So let me get this right, regarding what Cole has just said:

The fed will (as they said) not go after the state laws, BUT they will still rely on local law enforcement in the states outside of the legalization movement(s) due to prosecutorial procedure AND due to budget issues?????

Because of budget issues?

I hope my reading comprehension is off right now like it always is.

16. Senor, i think he was referring to the "problem" of trying to go after states on this issue, more so he is saying that going after states for this issue would prove difficult at best and at worst open the fed up to large civil suite potential, which is a good thing i suppose?

If that's it, then it is a good thing. :) Let's hope you're right. :) You probably are.

18. I like Leahy. He seems to know what the deal is.