Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

[SEMS1] Bong making guide, for the younger smoker.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SEMS1, Oct 29, 2008.

1. #21 ZONAR, Oct 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2008
    not at all, what is mine is yours

To improvise a bowl a 1/4-20 stainless steel or zinc nut will thread on to the lamp stem about 1 1/2- 2 threads & stop. Here a few examples I made using plastic mini J.D. bottles,lamp stem & 1/4 -20 Nut
    Jack Daniels pipe & mini Bong

[​IMG]

To seal I use Lexel sealant it comes in 5oz. squeeze tubes. If no store bought sealant is available. I have used candles to seal.Light a candle & drip hot wax over the joint to be sealed. That has your D.I.Y. lesson of the day. Now go :bongin:

2. LOL. Those Jack Daniel pipes are nice haha. What about a filter? Wouldnt the weed just fall through the tubing?

3. I trimed down brass screens to fit inside the 1/4-20 nuts.If you don't have store bought screens you find stainless steel screens in a kitchen or bathroom faucet.

4. nice homemade tutorial man! i reallly appreciate this... im gunna make it as soon as i get home.... thats not a bad idea... glass at the bottom! smarrttttt

5. its a good bong man, im making a perc and maybe a a/c for it friday, got
    no work so im gonna make a nice bong for my new pickup.

6. Yo SEMS1 your the man bro... taking some initiative in the infrastructure of your country's smoking apparatus's. Ever though of using a handle of Goldslogger bottle, its the perfect shape and has a gold chip right where the downtube would go in

pce bro keep up the good work

7. thanks for the kind words.

8. at the moment im working on a home made diffuser for the downstem.
    should have it finished tonight, and i also want to make an inline A/C
    which i think would be pretty sweet.

9. this is super dope. I was gonna use an adjetive like ingenuitive but Im not even sure If that's a word.

And big ups on the lamp accessory idea, def helpfull.

10. That's a great idea, I don't have a glass bong I might try this haha, the only tip I have to add would be cutting slits in the downstem for a diffuser.

11. one thing i think to add is to not use any kind of metal can with printing on the outside. also more metal parts than plastic parts is good. many kinds of plastics melt and toxins can be inhaled ( if not heat resistant or very dense). something to think about while making a home made piece. i honestly would recommend buying a metal stem and metal pull carb bowl. u can usually pick those up for less then $10 and stick it in a glass vase or glass bottle.

Corona bong made with a corona bottle and a glass stem
    [​IMG]

12. nice man! havent seen you around much lately.

mind if i use that in the original post?
    you will get full credit of course. :p

and i cant buy a metal downstem with a dropper cos its illegal.
    im having some bits and pieces brought back from interstate though so i will
    update and make a better tutorial, theres a proper metal hose their but it was to short.

13. hey whats the ice for in the1st few pics ?

14. to cool the smoke down more.

15. yea for sure no problem. that sounds good

16. dude that is nice, definitely going to try to make one some day. I remember I used a homemade bong at my cousins hose once, he had made it but I forgot how, all I remember is it was out of a big Styrofoam cup... I think he had a stem from his previous bong (that had broke) but yeah, I like yours man, nice ingenuity

17. thanks man :smoking:

18. new inline A/C up but no tutorial due to the effort it would take to find
    parts, but if you get the general idea of one, they are easy to make!

19. Awesome tute man. And fat rips as usual.

Oh and I have the same garden hose as you, used it for every bong I've ever made lol. Its getting considerably shorter.

20. #40 SEMS1, Nov 2, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2008
    hahaha yeh, mum was always asking why those hose didnt reach the back of the yard anymore, then she found my bong and a 2 meter length in my cupboard. :eek:

was years ago now though haha