Semi-stealthy grow cab w/ detailed pics!

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by sth, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Hello hello!

So a bit of history... I've grown successfully on and off over the past 2.5 years. I originally had a 400w MH/HPS setup where I would grow one or two plants at a time. I had a lot of room to grow and heat was never an issue. Cut to now, as of 6 months ago I moved to a big city where space is very limited. I no longer have room for the big MH/HPS ballast or the heat that it generates. So the mission became to build a small grow cab that was functional and relatively stealthy.

My biggest harvest off of the HPS was 8 oz from two plants. I'm not hoping to get anywhere near that with this setup - I'll be content with 1-2oz - but we shall see.

Anyways, I already had this pretty sweet little clothes storage thing so I figured I would modify that to be the new grow room. Please note that this is not finished. I'm not the most motivated person so I started the plant growing before the setup was complete. Everything is done with the exception of two items:
    1) I need one more CFL - you'll see the empty socket
    2) I need to light proof the front door. I have a few ideas for how I'll do this - leaning toward some sort of weather stripping or foam.

The plant in the picture went one week on 24/0 and now just started the 2nd week of 12/12. Total its a little over 16 days old from seed. Like I mentioned above, I started growing before the setup was complete so she's suffering from some high heat symptoms. I expect her to perk up over the next week now that the ventilation is in place.

The strain is Master Kush from Dutch Passion. It's actually 2nd gen seeds that I harvested from a hermie of mine a while back.

I drew in some specs and comments on the pics.

IMG_2564.jpg

IMG_2566.jpg

Let me know what you think. Questions/comments/concerns/suggestions.

Take care.

Attached Files:

2. I forgot to mention - with an ambient temperature of ~68 in my apartment (hurray winter!!) the cab stays at a steady 81f. I figure that might jump a bit when I add the other light but for now I'm very pleased with 81 degrees!