Semi-Experienced Grower in Need of Help

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by TheZodiac420K, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Yo, the name's 420K, what's everybody saying, eh?

I'm a twenty two year old pothead who's been in the process of setting everything up for a legal grow. I have a large amount of experience with assisting in medical grows, (my father is a MMJ certified grower on a grandfathered permit), guerrilla growing and small scale hydro set-ups (we're talking just closet and cabinet grows),
    It's going to take some time to set everything up so until then I need a cash crop and I'm trying to think of what my best option will be.
    I'll be posting several threads on my ideas as well as designs for the room/tent (which ever is cheap. I have a budget of about $500 (but I have access to cheap supplies because I used to go fishing with the local Hydroponics store owner so we can work out a deal).
    I'd like some help and any input would be greatly appreciated.

As my mans says, "If you go into something with no plan of action, you at least need a strategist on your side or an escape plan," and I'm the type of guy who needs to prepare for every scenario.
    Holler at your boy, I need as much help as I can get for this shit.

2. Welcome to the forum man. Im sure you will get alot of opinions on lights,soil,coco,hydro,and whatever else haha. You mentioned the hydro store. Im running my first one now and only problem I ran into was root rot and that was my fault. My advice to u is hydro. And buy sm 90 and keep it in your system as a preventive measure. It does work very well. Brought mine back to life. Cob lighting is looking good if your a DIY guy its cheaper. Led does work but hybrid with mh and hps is a better mix with spectrum. I got good buds out of a 400 watt hps and leds only. Good luck man u need anything ill try and help[​IMG]

Sent from my VS425PP using Tapatalk

3. Thanks B. I was leaning towards hyrdo myself, most likely a DWC system with individual reservoirs. Aren't you best off dealing with the Devil you know than the Devil you don't?
    I'll keep that in mind about SM90 though, I want an arsenal to deal with any possible problems I may run into from root rot, nutrient burn, stunted growth, spider mites and everything in between.
    As for COB, I'm not entirely sure what you mean. If you could explain it that would be a big help because I'm very big into DIY. I'll send you a copy of my blueprints once they're finished if you like. I'm leaning towards an 8'x8'x8' room with two 600W HPS lights as well as a little contraption I'm working on. It's similar to a SCRoG except instead of using the wire to manipulate the branches I want to line them with LED strips and use them to give some light to the underside of my girlies. I'm thinking about getting some White Cookies (W.W. x Girl Scout Cookies) from AMS.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yea Rdwc is the way to go. Once its dialed in its all good. Just get her sit AMD watch em grow[​IMG]

5. Cob is chip on board led lighting. Brighter more intense and more efficient.

• Like Like x 1