Grasscity - Black Friday Sale - up to 70% Discount

Semi-broken main stem.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by The Cannabis, Jun 28, 2010.

1. About a week ago I went to my room and a fan had fallen on my plant. I thought she was done for but she's fine. She was bent not completely broken but almost 50%. I stilted her up, and she's bounceing back nicely.
    My question is what should I do with the area around the stem where the bend occurred. Because even though it has the stregnth to hold itself up on its own the stem at the part is smashed somewhat, and compacted.
    I was worried about this in the future affecting my plants transport system, and if there is anything I could do to help my stem. (Like something to wrap around it possibly?)

Let me know, thanks.

2. leave the cast on. let her heal. sounds like you fixed her.

3. #3 Antigen, Jun 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2010
    I don't know what it's called but I have seen some kind of green 'gardener's tape' or something, that you could wrap around the damaged part like a cast. The tape stretches very easily, so even if you wrap the stem with it, it will allow the stem to keep growing in width without getting constricted by the tape.

Sorry I don't know what it's called, but maybe you could describe what you're looking for to a garden center employee in your area, they can probably help you find it or something similar.

Sometimes people actually damage their stems on purpose, to let them heal back bigger and stronger, with a better transport system. I think it's called 'supercropping'. You squeeze the stem between your fingers with just the right pressure or bend it in just the right way to cause some damage but not too much or something. I've never tried it personally.

4. it's the green tape used at weddings and shit to hold the flowers in place.. you can get them at michaels or some other craft store.