Selling shirts

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by IamODESE, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Can anyone tell me how I could sell my designs on clothes and not lose money doing it?

Having a shirt screen printed costs like 50 dolls average.

From what my friend tells me, I have to have 100 something shirts just to make a small profit.

That sucks.

Plus I'm not looking to sell to just everyone. Just a small circle kind of thing.

2. Im sure you can find websites with bulk deals, but your prolly going to have to mass print like 20 of the same shirts.

3. That's what I thought.

4. ^ what do your designs look like?

5. Try out CustomInk.com

I've used them whenever I had to order shirts for the student section. Worked out great, pretty cheap and the price drops with every shirt bought I think.

6. Having shirts printed costs $50? Definitely not, you just have to have a decent guy to do it for you. I printed shirts that read, "save the orangutans" and donated the money to places that preserve rain forests for the endangered species. It really only costs like $25 set up and $5 or $6 per shirt. If you sell the shirts for $12, you can literally cover all start up costs by selling two shirts. Basically, I would just suggest you shop around for a reasonable screen printing service (and possibly mention the better deal you got elsewhere?). Selling shirts can be pretty lucrative if people like them. :hello:

I'm excited to see what you come up with. Maybe I'll even snag one from you!

7. Manufacture your own shirts. Buy bulk shirts, get a silk screen printer, badda bing badda boom shirt tycoon