selling my car

Discussion in 'General' started by mietoe, Sep 1, 2008.

1. #1 mietoe, Sep 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2008
    well i got a dui about a month ago, and wont be driving for somtime now. i have a beautiful bmw m3 convertible, and the insurance is mad, and im thinking of selling it. as the new m3, besides being more powerful and a new body style (which i think i like better) the convertible is a damned hardtop! now it would cost me atleast 30 grand to upgrade. and i guess i could afford it but im total cheap ass and have a hard time parting with my money for anything. im pretty much a minimalist as my car and my music stuff are the only nice and expensive things i own. but i would save some money getting rid of my car soon so i can buy a new one next year when i get my license. what do you fellas think?

heres my current lover, and some pics of the new model.

[​IMG]

the new lady

[​IMG]

and the top down

[​IMG]

2. that things sexay, thats all i know.

3. mine or the new one?

4. i know this is stupid, but no one has any opinion on this? im thinking i just want a bunch of people to tell me to buy it, even though its probably not the best choice.

5. I dunno man. Overall I really like M3's, but I'm not totally crazy about the new one.

Appearance wise, I like the one you have now better.

but performance, the new one would be more fun.

It's a tough call. Sounds as if you like it enough that you wouldnt really regret spending the money.

Fuckin buy the new one, you only live once man.

6. I just looked at some pics of the new M3.

I decided I just don't like the convertible. Too many lines in it. I especially don't like the wider trunk to accomodate the top.

The regular coupe is pretty nice looking. So really, my opinion is get that one :)

7. i think i might like mine better appearance wise too. and the new 3 series is bigger so im not sure how much better it will perform really. all the new bmws are a little wack but i think they grow on you. id really like to get a new x5 to take on some road trips, even though i love taking the m3, i havent gone on the 6-8 month cross country camping trip ive been dying to do because of the size and capability of it.

but regardless, thanks for the input. yeah i probably wouldnt regret it unless i had a bunch of problems with it, as ive had none with my current.

8. yours is sexier

9. i agree it has a lot of lines, but getting a dark color helps blend those. i didnt realize it has a wider trunk though. if the m6 came in a hard top, id be done for and spend all my nickels on it.

10. I picked to get the prius, you enviorment hater.
    ;)

11. EUGH M6 MAKES ME CUM.

500hp is a nice number.

12. thanks. i probably shouldnt buy into consumerism and just keep it. i would just love a damn hard top!

13. new m3 has 414. m6 is v10 too, with variable cylinder control. it can be a v8 with about 400 horses if you start it that way. 100 grand though man. 100 grand....... i was real hesitant to buy my car for about 40, and im real hesitant to start looking at the new m3 and the x5. and if i got the x5 i wouldnt want to get rid of my m3, but id keep the x5 forever.

14. get a bike man

15. ive had a bike. it died on me a while back. i miss riding, and will probably get another bike sometime in my life. but im not that concerned about it. i def need to have car to drive regardless.

16. i like your current car ftw

17. #17 wackdeafboy, Sep 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2008
    dude, i wouldnt spent all the money on a car
    i mean theres more to life then the car...
    all i care is i need a car that can do everything, go to the mountains, handle the snow,
    i can spent like 10,000 dollars on a car then that would leave u 20,000 plus with the reseccion goin on around here, man i think u shouldnt spend anything, just save it till things go back to normal

plus, if u got a job that is really close to home, then just get a bike
    u'll amaze that it saves u 1,000 dollars a month from gas, insurance,
    hey
    every dollar counts

edit:
    imo: sell that car, u'll get like 15,000 dollars then go buy 10,000 dollar car
    u'll get 5000 and put that in the bank!, makin u more rich :p

that how we are around here(boulder county colorado) , u'll see 500 dollar car, the bikes on top of the car are like 2,500 dollars
    that how we roll

18. uhh i better get more than 15 grand for my car. more like double that. and i wouldnt be spending all my money on the car. and i wouldnt finance it. and money really isnt the object here. i could keep my car and buy a porsche if i really wanted too, its just me parting with my hard earned dough. (well not that hard.)

and i predominantly work from home, i just have to drive to go meet people around. as i buy and sell music memorbillia, and vintage guitars. so i do, or did before the dui, a good amount of driving around the state. and i hear you about handling the mountains and snow, i lived outside durango colorado for a while. and i love it and wanna do some roadtripping, and am always thinking about getting a station wagon or suv with awd and some space for camping gear. but right now and for a little while, ill be living in florida, and having a sporty little convertible suits me well.

like i said, its the only thing besides my music stuff that i really spend any money on. i wear a 40 dollar watch (sam i am, dr seuss, ballin.) and 50 dollar shoes and i hate to shop for anything. i hate my cellphone but i need it. dont even have a tv. and my house is totally modest. especially for the kind of money i have and am making. so besides my guitars that change hands a lot, my car is my only extravagance. and till a month ago was used quite frequently.

but then again, maybe i should get a prius. they are pretty baller.

19. Trade it in for an Audi R8

[​IMG]

20. what kynd of job do u have that lets you afford to own an m3?