Selling baseball cards w/out getting ripped off?

Discussion in 'General' started by Tonyizzle, Sep 20, 2009.

1. I was given a collection of baseball/other cards from the 60's-90's. I need cash bad and am hoping that some of these might be worth something.

Does anyone know a good way to go about finding the true value other than looking them up one-by-one (there are thousands).

I'm not sure if I trust bringing them into a card shop because i've heard they will rip you off.

Any suggestions?

2. Go to several cardshops and make sure the owner knows that you're shopping around for the highest price.

If it's still too low, use that as your starting price on ebay.

3. Thanks dude +rep. I dont know if any of these are worth shit but I hope they are, they are all in pretty good condition. But I know jack shit about baseball cards.

4. look for all stars in those years

5. I have a tip for you on going about finding prices. There are usually easily identifiable number's on the card's. Just go on google / ebay and start typing in the number on the card, if that doesnt work you wanna try card maker, baseball player's name, and year the card was printed. Hope I could help.

6. #6 Tonyizzle, Sep 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2009

Yeah, thanks, thats what ive been tryin to do.. its a lot of work.. But I guess i'll slowly go through them rather than having some dude rip me off at a card store.

Edit: So I just talked to my older sister and apparently my dad sold the good cards many years ago.. Fucked up, considering they were meant for me to sell when I was older and needed the money.

Fuck.

7. Check some of them out anyways. He might have kept some niceley priced ones and if it was that long ago that he sold them, some of them might have went up in value.

Just a thought.

8. baseball cards are not worth shit anymore man... your dad probly got a lot more money a couple years ago than you would expect to get now... Ive got a whole box of cards... probly worth about 10 bucks right now..

9. damn thats fucked,i would be pissed.

10. I was about to say this too. No one really collects baseball cards anymore. It's nothing like it was in the 90's. Low demand and high supply makes for a low price.