Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Self Proclaimed "Addiction Diagnosists"

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by GalacticBud, Oct 26, 2010.

1. I hate people. I think all of us Herbalists can agree. I hate that people try to diagnose me with "addiction". People say, "If you're not addicted, then why don't you stop?". You want to know what my response is? "Why don't you stop using the computer?". The way I see it is, marijuana is something I don't have to do, but I don't have a reason to stop smoking. I do it to enjoy myself and friends, is that addiction? I do it to go into depth with music, and help me with school work. Is that addiction? No, it's not. Everyone thinks they know shit but they don't, and as a pot smoker I've experienced it way to many times. Someone in my Music Appreciation class got pissed at me because I smelled like marijuana. Called me a drug addict. Dumb fuck...

What do you think is addiction? Are you addicted to smoking? I for one am not. You give me valid reason to stop, and I will. Until then, I will enjoy my luxuries.

2. Ya i live in a house with people like this, they have never smoked weed in their life and get drunk everyday. then they give me shit cuz i smoke a bowl or 2 a day its retarded but it really doesn't bother me too much because i know how dumb they are. I mean who cares what other people think just ignore them.

3. you don't have a point to prove so why quit? as for my self i stopped smoking 2 days ago for at least three months with no negative side affects just because i felt like i needed a break

4. Word.

That's a good response... I'm not addicted, I can stop smoking if I needed to but the thought of being sober 24/7 scares me. When I'm sober, I take comfort in the fact that I could get high if I ever "needed" to.

People are fucking stupid if us stoners are addicts, and it pisses me off just as much when they (they meaning non-smokers) think we're dumb.

I tell you, it's the fucking kids in high school getting high everyday thinking they're cool and slacking off in school simply because they don't care. People look at THEM and generalize them with every other stoner out there.

5. in my experience, most people that are anti weed seem to be very arrogant about it. like they think they're better than me because i smoke and they dont? like no matter what i say or what facts i present, they just kind of grin and act like theyre talking to a child. some people....

6. yeah people can get psychologically addicted to anything. There's tons of people who are addicted to gambling, the internet, sex, whatever. I'm not addicted to weed. It's just like the internet. I go on the internet at least one time every single day. But i'm not addicted

7. YEP! Or do that kinda thing where you know they're thinking "Yeah....okay you pothead. Then why is it illegal?"

8. lol exactly. ignorance really does piss me off. its no excuse

9. can't stand 'why don't you quit then?'
    can't stand when people say 'oh oh its illegal' my comeback for that is 'speeding is illegal and you still do it, then explain why weed is illegal which takes around 5 mins and is a pain in the ass

10. I'd just like to point that the manual they're most likely using to determine a diagnosis (called the DSM-IV) once said that homosexuality was a mental illness.

11. Awhile ago my parents wereout of town for a week so we smoked everyday. In the middle of the week one of my friends stopped smoking and started saying we were getting addicted. It was so annoying.

12. I had a roommate once who smoked when she moved in then she quit and started giving everyone else shit when we continued to smoke, she accused us of being addicted...needless to say we kicked the bitch out.

13. You can only classify something as an addiction if there are negative consequences being brought on by it and you continue to partake in the activity despite this..If you can consume some herb and still retain integrity in your health and daily routine than that is called a habit. You can apply good or bad to labeling a habit but that is only an opinion. I was forced to go to rehab and they tried to pull any little thing out of me by asking about 100 questions to get a diagnosis...they failed...then i went home and :smoke:
    (Remember rehab centers are businesess and they will do whatever they can to try and label you an addict)

14. yea i have to go to drug counseling today because it will look good in court. yay another statistic against marijuana! its such a joke. they basically keep trying to tell me im addicted to opiates because 50% of the "young male population" in this county is. i really have no defense against it. i mean, im not fucking addicted to opiates, but if thats not enough to prove them wrong idk what is.

15. uhhh, sounds like you were busted for opiates...and that is why you are in counseling.

Unless you had pot on you at the time, mj shouldn't be an issue during your counseling unless you admit to being a toker.

16. cball, thats whats funny, i wasnt busted for opiates. they just kept throwing out statistics about opiates like somehow they know something about myself that i dont.

17. I think when you NEED something it becomes an addiction. But honestly if something extreme happened where I wouldn't want to or couldn't smoke anymore, i wouldn't have a problem stopping. I don't see something that I want to do as an addiction. If it is, then everyday shit should be classified as addicting to, cause i look forward to eating everyday and watching tv everyday.

18. youre right ovaltine. i smoked every day for a year and you know why i never stopped? because i didnt have a reason. but because i got arrested, i have a reason. its been 2 and a half weeks since i last smoked, and it hasnt been hard whatsoever. yea it sucks, cus my favorite thing to do isnt allowed anymore, but i dont assume the fetal position every night begging for marijuana.

19. if they start that again then tell them you are sorry that 'they have an opiate problem' and that they should seek help, because trying to transfer the issue to be yours, will never get them to recover from their addiction....see how they like being accused of having an opiate problem based on 'nothing' :smoke: if they claim to not use drugs, get them to admit they drink alcohol...a very deadly highly addictive depressant, and just because it is legal NOW, doesn't make it anywhere as safe as MJ.

20. I smoke when I am happy, I smoke BECAUSE I'm happy. So, if they wanna tell me I am smoking because I'm depressed and shit, then fuck em. I don't need medical marijuana. I smoke for recreation, and I smoke because I feel like it. Not because I need to.