Self lighting Pipe Qs

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by danzink, Aug 9, 2012.

1. #1 danzink, Aug 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2012
    Got some questions about:
    [​IMG]

It might be the first peice i buy (still un decided). I can get it for £35 roughly 50 dollars I think?

Questions:
    1. Can i get a better pipe with that money?
    2. Will a pipe get me higher than a spliff (tobacco and weed mix joint).
    3. How come it is more efficient if smoke gets wasted from the bowl like a joint smokes when you are not toking. Will it save me money in the long run? My joints are really tight atm. But I seem to not be getting completely blazed as I want to, I have a small cheap bong that doesnt really seem to get me high at all.

Would appreciate some help.

How stuff works claims:
    Cigarette - Also called a joint, dried marijuana buds are rolled into a cigarette. Approximately 10 percent to 20 percent of the THC is transferred into the body when smoking a joint.
    Cigar - Some users slice open a cigar, remove the tobacco and refill it with marijuana. The marijuana-filled cigar is often called a blunt.
    Pipe - You've probably seen people smoke pipes of tobacco, but these pipes are also used to smoke marijuana. About 40 percent to 50 percent of the THC is transferred into the body when using a pipe.
    Bong - These are water pipes that typically have a long tube rising out of a bowl-shaped base. Water pipes trap the smoke until it's inhaled, raising the amount of THC taken in.
    Food - Marijuana is sometimes baked into foods, such as brownies, or brewed as tea.

Sounds not true to me, need some season tokers insight.

2. this ones abit harsh from experience... get a 7 pipe, its made of glass inside. its pretty smooth. also the wickie pipe is pretty smooth as well and covert.

3. #3 XxNitr0xX, Aug 9, 2012
    1. Can i get a better pipe with that money?

Yes. Glass is always better. If you are set on a multi-purpose pipe like this, I would follow ganjaclart's suggestion and go with the 7 pipe. Remember, you have the hassle of having to refill the butane, the butane will probably ruin some of the flavor of the flowers, and the hits are going to be pretty hot/harsh.

If you have a head shop in the area, I would definitely browse their selection first. Sometimes when I'm stumped, I'll ask the guy working "I have XX amount of cash, what would you recommend?" and usually go from there.

2. Will a pipe get me higher than a spliff (tobacco and weed mix joint).

You won't get the immediate head rush from the tobacco, but you will be a little higher in the long run. You're burning all of the flowers rather than letting the joint sit there and waste away potency. If I compare taking 3 hits from a joint with 3 hits from a bowl, I feel like I'm much higher from the bowl.

3. How come it is more efficient if smoke gets wasted from the bowl like a joint smokes when you are not toking. Will it save me money in the long run? My joints are really tight atm. But I seem to not be getting completely blazed as I want to, I have a small cheap bong that doesnt really seem to get me high at all.

Joint's burn up a lot more flowers than a bowl. If a bowl stays lit after you take a puff, just simply smash the cherry a little with the corner of a lighter, use your finger to put it out, or cover both ends of the pipe so all openings are sealed. This way no airflow will get to the flowers and it will put itself out.

4. #4 danzink, Aug 9, 2012
    Thanks im going to ask the guy at my headshop what glass ones he recommmends.

Wow thanks for the detailed description, yea I will try and get a glass pipe (no matter how kl the self lighting one looks lol.) Tbh im hoping it will save me money in the long run, but then again if i have more weed lying around ill just smoke more, so im more hoping that it will amke my weed last longer.

I'm just used to spliffs so im not sure what pure weed will taste like (i know people swear by it, but im a heavy tobacco smoker too :( ), but yeah i think i will purchase one, once i speak to the guy at my headshop. Not really into bongs atm, since they arnt really portable (will probably be later when I want to get really blazed).

Atm, im just forever smoking joints, I pack them well but i kinda want to get more high than ive ever got before, so im hoping a pipe will do the trick.

5. Ive got one of the wickys where the bowl flips out and i like it.
    Yeah lighting with butane will make it taste funny.

6. [quote name='"danzink"']Atm, im just forever smoking joints, I pack them well but i kinda want to get more high than ive ever got before, so im hoping a pipe will do the trick.[/quote]

Definitely. Take the same amount you would use for a joint and pack a few bowls.

As far as taste goes, it all depends on the strain and quality. If its average grade don't really expect much. I've had a purple strain that tasted like a bite of fruity pebbles cereal but it wasnt super strong, then again I've had stuff that didn't taste that great but was very powerful.

7. im on white widow atm so the taste is still quite gd

8. And pipe's are cheaper about $10-$20 for a cheap one or for the same price as the bowl you could get a vape gene

9. Make sure you post a pic of whatever you decide to get!

I don't know if you have ever used a regular glass "spoon" style bowl, but they tend to be a little harsh sometimes, as well.. Just a heads up.

10. So you want a more effecient way to smoke. You want to get higher off your bud. And you want to make your weed last longer.

Why arent you buying a vape? It does all of those things and then some. Save up an extra $50 and buy the MFLB or another low end vape. Trust me you will not regret it.

11. yea you will.... once your tolerance rises and not even smoking/eating will do the trick.... if your gonna get into the vape game go desktop.... i personally love smoking and would recommend a sherlie for a dry piece or a nice hammer bub should do the trick.... happy toking OP:cool:

12. Yeah, I find vaping doesn't produce as intense of a high, but it's a cleaner high. For all out intensity, and feeling higher, I would say get a non-name brand (a.k.a. something probably made in China) bubbler or just something larger than a spoon.

13. [quote name='"XxNitr0xX"']Yeah, I find vaping doesn't produce as intense of a high, but it's a cleaner high. For all out intensity, and feeling higher, I would say get a non-name brand (a.k.a. something probably made in China) bubbler or just something larger than a spoon.[/quote]

You must be a comedian or something because that first sentence is fucking hilarious.

1 cyclone bowl in my extreme q vaporizer produces 3 full bags of vapor. The amount I put into the cyclone bowl is LESS than the amount you put into a bowl. And let me tell you, I have never been higher in my life after vaping 3 bags to myself. The high is very cerebral and body numbing.

Plus if I want to I can hook it up to my bong for huge vapor hits that will knock you on your ass.

Both of you guys know nothing about the vaporizer and you should keep your mouth shut until you try it.

And to the guy who suggested a CHINA PIPE over a VAPORIZER. You might want to do a little more research before you start talking. Why in the hell would you even suggest that?

I'll take my extreme q vaporizer over A cheap little pipe anyday of the week.

14. I've got me the Wickipipe and a Solopipe.

Both are okay at best.................................. Not worth it though.

Get glass

15. I own 2, thanks.

I would, as well, but it's triple his price he posted. Wasn't sure if he could budge on it, since it's his first pipe. There's not many great name brand pieces to be had for ~$50.

16. Get whatever you want but when it comes to smoking weed glass>everything else no metal acrylic wood or clay pipe will hit as smooth as glass

17. Thanks for the help guys, I went down to the headshop and asked the guy what glass peices he had, they were all out of my price range. The guy recommended that the solopipe was the next best thing for the money. So I bought it.

I wasn't to happy with my purchase.

I found the smoke way too harsh.
    Whitey'd on the horrible gas(UK gas term meaning air fuel sorta lol) lighter
    I just was not as happy packing bowls as I was smoking spliffs (with tobacco), even with my own lighter it seemed like the pipe was just too harsh for me to enjoy it. However it is quite weed conserving.

I just prefer spliffs, and untill I kick the habbit (tobacco), I reckon I will stick to them and sell on my pipe to a friend. For some reason I am not a fan of smoking pure joints either, i find a joint of pure weed vs a joint mixed with tobacco and weed, I get more of a high from the tobacco spliff.

However thanks for all the guidance in this thread, sorry to be a waste.