Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Self induced panic attack + fainting or heart attack?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Liketotoke, Feb 21, 2012.

1. to explain what happened last night I need to give you some background information.

A couple months ago I was smoking a lot, and I mean a lot of weed out of waterfall bongs, made out of a pencil eraser cap and waterbottles.

One night the back of my throat hurt, as if I had a cut in the back of it and I was very worried. I made a thread about it too to ask for help here it is:

http://forum.grasscity.com/apprentice-tokers/887631-emergency-7.html#post11798049

Anyways, point being last night me and my friends were smoking out of a vapir vape and the screen broke, and we decided to just take a soda can cut out a piece and put holes in it so it would act as a screen. I took the first couple hits and as I took the second round of hits I felt the same type of pain (cold metally feeling in the back of my throat) and my 3 friends said they felt it too.
    I started to panic a little bit and my friends were just making it worse by complaining about it, then the thought crossed my mind that I would die, and I started to feel dizzy and i started seeing black spots. Thats when i left the room to go to my own (college) and I just made it into my room when I felt so weak that I had to go down. I hit my head on the wall as I was going down and was on the floor in the fetal position for what felt like a minute, and then somehow got on my bed and the feeling slowly left, however my high was killed.

I don't think that I actually passed out, but I might have when i fell and hit my head I am not sure. Afterwards my heart hurt a lot, my head hurt (still does a little today) The point is that I haven't even smoked that much that it could be because I smoked too much

Now my theory to this is
    A, low blood pressure - how would weed affect this? Can I keep on smoking?
    B, panic attack induced by my own imagination
    C, a small heart attack?

Combination of A and B? Could I please get your opinions on this? I am not looking for "your gonna be fine dude just chill and smoke some more", but for some actual insight on this from someone who is well informed.:(

2. Smoking has effects on blood sugar levels, if I'm not mistaken. Always avoid invlolving foreign substances when smoking-don't use bits of metal, household items, etc in your smoking devices.

3. People self-induce illness through worry all the time - the mind is a powerful thing. At a festival one of my mates collapsed due to taking too many drugs and not sleeping for days, when it happened another one of my friends who had shared drugs with that guy then began to start feeling odd as well. What followed was 24 hours of anxiety and "don't talk to me about it, every time you do I start to feel like i'm gonna die" - all in the mind, I know this because he took a very small amount.

Kinda sounds like you've managed to just work yourself into a state of anxiety.

Was trying to find some sort of "proof" and ended up coming across this e-book that talks about the pro and con effects of placebos :

The powerful placebo: from ancient priest to modern physician - Arthur K. Shapiro, Elaine Shapiro - Google Books