Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Self help with anxiety and Deppresson

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by RollinindaRoyce, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Hey GC. Im posted at my house watching KIng of the Hill and tokin on my new inline ash catcher. I recently moved up to Portland Oregon and its been hard for me because i barely know anyone, and dont have a job. So i stay in the apartment and dont know many people so i dont socialize much. Lately my anxiety and depression have seemed to get the best of me.. I dont want to do medication, but i do smoke. I want to find something to help me with this. Like self help things. Does anyone know anything that helped them?

2. Your anxiety and depression is probably a result of your reclusive lifestyle and unproductive existence. Heres a basic plan to help you out of your slump

1) get a job. not only will you meet new people, you make money

2) leave your apartment. yes, smoking weed and watching tv all day are fun enough (sarcasm), but you should probably add some new scenery to your day

3) find a hobby. personally, sports and working out are great outlets to blow off stress, feel better about myself, and once again...meet new people. while this may not be your strong points, there are literally millions of things to do: frisbee golf, fishing, restauranting, movie theatering, walking, buying a dog, joining a club or organization, joining a nudist colony, etc. etc.

4) stop smoking weed so much. yes, some people may smoke as much weed as they possibly can a day and get along fine. BUT, ive seen many people piss away not only their day, but their lives due to marijuana. I love being high and all, but jesus christ sometimes i like doing other shit, okay?

5) get laid. while this may not solve your problems, getting laid is the fuckin shit. try it out sometime if you havent recently

So a single paragraph is not enough for me to make a deduction on your psycho-physiological problems, and i also believe that i am clinically unqualified to make any sort of insight on how to solve your problems, however this is my best guess to your slump.
    Sounds like a severe case of apathy, so tomorrow morning when you wake up, grow some fucking balls AND GRAB LIFE BY THE HORNS BECAUSE LIVING LIFE IS FUCKING AWESOME.

:)

3. Look into cognitive behavioral therapy. You can do some exercises on your own, and marijuana can help make them even easier! It's a proven highly effective method and is considered the best option to take. Meds should only be used if you're too anxious/depressed to do things like CBT in my opinion. Then, you would use those until your "CBT skills" are good enough for you to do it "on your own".

4. Take a break from smoking. I get anxiety as well....weed doesnt help it much.

5. Oh, and if you wanna smoke to try to help you in working on anxiety.. LOW DOSES. Getting blazed out your head wont help

6. Alright thank you guys. I am trying to just smoke a little less throughout each day but not completely quit. Thats too far haha. And im gonna look up those therapies. Also i said i moved here with my GIRL. OF course i get laid.

7. Should get a job or work on a productive hobby such as music, art, working out maybe?