Self- Esteem

Discussion in 'General' started by Green Plant, Apr 2, 2012.

1. What do you base your self-esteem on? People, material things, accomplishments?

Is it ok to base your self esteem on your realtionships with other people?

2. How high you hold your head not giving a single damn about what anyone thinks or says :smoke:

3. The answer is in the word. Self-esteem. It is how you view you, however you choose to view your self is up to your own self.

4. My self esteem outlook is with my relationships with people and my accomplishments (& a lil bit of appearance)

5. Ah, let me tell you a little story about my self esteem.

In my younger days, like 12-13 younger days (I know) I would hang out with 16-17 year olds because I was mature for my age. Either that or they were immature. Either way it made me feel like a badass, therefore I acted like one and everyone enjoyed me. Then eventually I realized that I'm no badass and now I have no self esteem STILL like 6-7 years later and I constantly think people are talking about me behind my back. I'm not saying everyone is like this but that's what happened to me.

Moral of the story is don't base your self-esteem on one thing, be an all around guy. Cause once your relationships with other people (like you mentioned) are gone, you have nothing and you have to rebuild your self esteem.

6. It's a double edged sword I feel. I have enough to know that I am happy and a good person and enough to know I'm loved. But for some reason women love cocky guys and I'm not like that so I get down on myself sometimes.

7. U just have to believe u got swag which everybody does and everything falls into place