Self esteem Issues

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by tkd, Apr 4, 2011.

1. I have self esteem issues. I think im ugly and i don't like talking to girls because I think that Im so ugly that it bothers them and they don't want to talk to me.

I havn't had a girlfriend in years and I probly won't ever get laid if I don't solve these problems.

Anyone have any tips on how I can raise my self esteem. I work out alo so im pretty fit but i still think im the ugliest dude ever

2. man, you need to learn to love yourself, especially before you can love anyone else. you are NOT the ugliest guy on earth.

3. i just dont think im up to par

4. you shouldn't give a shit what you look like man. trust me, you don't want someone who only wants you for your looks. just get over it and stop thinkin bout it... you can't love someone else until you love yourself, brotha!

5. I went through that "no self confidence phase" too. I met a couple great girls that were very chill and laid back. I think i look somewhat attractive though.
    What you should do is do your thing and be happy about it. Eventually a decent girl should come along.

6. yeah man you just gotta stop caring what people think of you, i know for a fact its easier said than done though, i used to be decently fit and have gone from decently fit to fairly heavy. when i started getting heavy i had low self esteem. not caring is a progress instead of an immediate change like a lot of people think. just dont be afraid to talk to women. i talk to women who are way out my league physically but it doesnt matter to me. talk to them like a friend instead of talking like just another guy. take a way the script of "hey, i noticed you and i think you are beautiful, would you like to go out some time?" you obviously know what the answer will be, no offense. instead maybe say "hello, i know i dont know you very well but by chance are you looking for a friendly and nice guy?" not the best example but better than the script in life. just try to take away the obvious line and she will respond differently. you have to like yourself before you can like anyone else. because if you cant take care of yourself how are you going to take care of someone else?

7. Yea stop caring so much. And by your profile pic. you arn't the ugliest dude lol.

8. maybe change your appearance. you can improve your looks by dressing nicer styling your hair etc. girls notice when a guy dresses nice and is well groomed.

9. You need confidence. No girls like a guy without confidence, just be a confident motherfucker.

You couldn't be too ugly brother, and you go to the gym so whats the deal here?

10. I have rather low self esteem as well. I think what it takes is what these people are saying: you have to love yourself before you can expect anyone to love you. You can't sit and think you're shit because that puts out bad vibes. I learned this from my guy "Fake it 'til you make it." I took that to heart. I pretended to have confidence and be strong until I was finally able to BE strong and confident! I still have low self esteem but that's what I have my guy and my best friends for, maaaaaaaajor self esteem boosters! :D

11. Don't we all?

I mean, don't we all think we're the ugliest motherfucker there is?

I sure do...

I think I'm the ugliest mofo there is.

I think you're normal. Don't stress over it.

12. how old are you?
    why are you so worried?

relax, live life, then worry about chasing girls.

13. #13 Renegade Angel, Apr 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Easy advice to take (for a guy).

Ever notice the mirage of television shows where you always have some fat, usually unintelligent machoist bastard who somehow happens to nail an attractive, almost always intelligent MILF?

Example: Family Guy, The Simpsons, American Dad, All In The Family...need I go on?

I'm just saying, dudes rarely have to even care about petty things like this. Woman on the otherhand have to practically flash tits to get a second of attention. Sad society we live in today.

Enough pessimistic ranting, I'm totally off topic, but I do from time to time have my "I'm a loser" thoughts, but thankfully I still have enough sanity and self awarness to know it's just the depression talking. But honestly, I still think I'm practically a waste of space.

14. I get self-conscious alot, but I like to try imagining myself through other peoples' eyes when I'm high and it helps me put things into perspective. I have alot of good qualities and the things I don't like about me certainly go unnoticed by everyone else. The overall presentation is very nice. Lulz.

15. Somebody shouldn't like you for what you look like, they should like you for who you are. Who gives a fuck what you look like, you could be the goofiest looking mother fucker in the world but as long as your the coolest person also, all is good. :cool:

16. buddy,apperance cannt stand anything,just believe yourself,you can be the NO.1
    girls dont like shy guy,not all of them like handsome boy

17. lol about the televison shows. I htink they're just shows not reality. how many fat guys like peter griffin do you see with hot wives?

I see average looking guys with really hot women but I rarely see fugly guys with good looking women or any women lol.

I also agree that most people are sef conscious and don't like something about their looks. and most people are not that attractive most people are average looking.

I think women are less picky about looks than guys are though. because like I said I know tons of guys that have girlfriends that are way better looking than they are.

I think if you are a really short guy then you might be screwed as women seem to care a lot about height. a tall ugly guy can still have a chance at hot women.

i'm 5'8 and I wish I was a bit taller. I know there are guys shorter than me and get way more women than I do but still.......