Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Self control

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by MJStoner420, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Hey guys so ive been smoking everyday (for a majority of the day) for the past 8 or so months and it's gotten to the point where I find it hard to go without. If I had to go without it I easily could but I don't have to so therefore I don't haha. But i do wanna slow down a bit I'm just finding it hard to! Do any of you guys have the same problem that when you have weed in your possession its hard not to smoke it?

Just lookin for some feedback and maybe some advice on how to chill out a little bit on the smoking. I don't wanna be called a noob or anything here I'm just looking to see if anyone can relate. Thanks guys

2. yeh man if I have bud on me I smoke at every opportunity, I'm currently counting down til my dad goes to bed so I can go outside for a few cones lol. I've smoked everyday for the best part of the last 2 and a half years and it is pretty hard to slow down, but if there's no reason to, which there isn't, why stop? l
    I don't really have any advice but i do empathise

3. If you can't stop without a reason, make a reason. Like, just say to yourself, if I smoke only twice a week I'll give myself a reward on Sunday, or something like that. You just need a motive to slow down your smoking.

4. I've never hard a problem with saying no to anything (except tobacco). I guess just remind yourself that it's a want, not a need, and you should be golden.

5. Why can't you say it with tobacco but can say it with weed?

6. Probably because nicotine is physically addictive, and the addictions happen much quicker too :(

7. [quote name='"billyboy29"']yeh man if I have bud on me I smoke at every opportunity, I'm currently counting down til my dad goes to bed so I can go outside for a few cones lol. I've smoked everyday for the best part of the last 2 and a half years and it is pretty hard to slow down, but if there's no reason to, which there isn't, why stop? l
    I don't really have any advice but i do empathise[/quote]

Yeah man good to know I'm not the only one haha thanks dude

8. [quote name='"Durb"']If you can't stop without a reason, make a reason. Like, just say to yourself, if I smoke only twice a week I'll give myself a reward on Sunday, or something like that. You just need a motive to slow down your smoking.[/quote]

That's a good idea man I'll try that!

9. Once you break the cycle, it's easy! Replace your smoking habit with something else and keep busy. :)

10. I smoked for ten years and quit recently.

By "physical addiction," do you mean that your hands may shake a little if you stop?

Asserting that you've got self-control over smoking marijuana but not cigarettes is a farce. That isn't self-control really, is it?

I just think its silly to assert that one person has self control smoking as many cigs as they want, but another person doesn't have it for smoking all the weed they want..cuz cigs aren't exactly heroin, are they? It's not like you get so sick stopping that you can't work, you just feel irritable..IMO quitting weed is harder than cigs.

11. Well, I am speaking for myself, however, when I smoke I get lazy and just unwind and reflect, doing this once or twice a week is okay and I am having a good time but when I need it to function thats the point at which I feel I am addicted. I have work I want to get done, I don't want to "chill" for the majority of my time here on the countrary for some people weed makes them a genius or so I have heard if thats the case the toke on I guess :p

12. I don't think you know what you're talking about. Nicotine is one of the most addictive substances in the world.

Read some of this before you argue anymore:

Nicotine Addiction 101

13. i admit it, i have no self control. :smoke: i'll tell myself i'll only smoke a bit, then always end up adding more weed to the bowl, under the mindset of, 'if i have lots, i'll use lots'. it doesn't take long for what looked like a full bag to become very scarce under this mindset, and it sucks.
    i guess the positive side is, smoking more weed is usually an A++ activity. :hello:

14. [quote name='"Ironic"']

I smoked for ten years and quit recently.

By "physical addiction," do you mean that your hands may shake a little if you stop?

Asserting that you've got self-control over smoking marijuana but not cigarettes is a farce. That isn't self-control really, is it?

I just think its silly to assert that one person has self control smoking as many cigs as they want, but another person doesn't have it for smoking all the weed they want..cuz cigs aren't exactly heroin, are they? It's not like you get so sick stopping that you can't work, you just feel irritable..IMO quitting weed is harder than cigs.[/quote]

Quitting weed is nothing. Honestly I can say I've never been addicted to it. I started smoking bud and cigarettes the same day. I was a nearly daily toker for three years, been doing it now for four.

I've quit toking for jobs without a second thought, and never once smoked during the time I worked there. But now I have a job that I enjoy and I don't get tested, so I smoke when I feel like it.

As for the "cigs aren't heroin" statement, it's a little bit... Ignorant. Not all heroin users get addicted.

15. [quote name='"Ironic"']

I smoked for ten years and quit recently.

I just think its silly to assert that one person has self control smoking as many cigs as they want, but another person doesn't have it for smoking all the weed they want..cuz cigs aren't exactly heroin, are they? It's not like you get so sick stopping that you can't work, you just feel irritable..IMO quitting weed is harder than cigs.[/quote]

Nicotine is addictive as fuck. Do some reading.

16. An easy way to start smoking less is to make long day plans and dont bring any bud, therefor you are doing some fun shit and not thinking about smoking, (ie going on a boat, fishing, just hanging out, shop) although all of those things are fun high

17. I never feel like I need to have weed but I did with cigs.

18. For me it's always very difficult to get back to reality on the day after I get high. So if I get high on the weekend, I really want to smoke some more on Monday, but right now I'm doing a t-break. After the first day everything seems normal again and I'm not craving it so much.