Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Seizures caused by marijuana? (My full story included)

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Now, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Please don`t flame me and hear me out, I have been a chronic smoker for years, I first smoked when I was 12 and I am now 19, I admit that I am addicted to marijuana considering
    when i quit I go through withdrawal, nausea, lack of appetite, depressed mood, irritability etc.

A couple days a go I ran out of weed and I stayed up all night since I don`t like waking up knowing I won`t have weed, all I remember was sitting on my bed with a stranger in the room and my family surrounding me. I went to the hospital did some tests and came back home, when I went to bed again I had another seizure, and returned to the hospital. The doctor said I don`t have epilepsy so I`m curious to what caused this he did say I have a calcification on the front part of my brain or something.

I am scheduling a neurologist, cardiologist, and psychiatrist to get checked out. I`m curious to other members experience with this, has anyone ever had a seizure that seems related to pot use? A couple months back Ii quit smoking due to anxiety attacks and felt like shit, crying all the time and the other symptoms i mentioned, it got slowly better so I decided to try smoking but not everyday all the time, as you can probably tell I went back to chronic use. I wish I could continue smoking but it`s pretty obvious i`m going to have to take a break for now. If anyone has any experience with depression and marijuana use also and has overcome it I would love to hear your story for inspiration.

Tl/dr Did marijuana withdrawal cause my seizures( this is what my doctor said) or staying up for 48 hours? Also I have recently turned vegetarian so my nutrition may not be the best,

2. Staying awake for 48 hours causes people to sleep, not have seizures. But no idea if stopping weed caused it, I'm not a doctor.

Honestly, it kind of sounds like you're fucked for now. Not trying to sound like an asshole, but if you were a chronic smoker from 12-19, those are the years when your brain is developing and you're still emotionally imprinting on things. I don't know that weed caused any seizures, but it's apparent that you've developed an unhealthy relationship with weed if you're staying up because you can't handle waking up and not having any. That's total hardcore addict thinking.

• Like Like x 4
  3. A stoner forum is just about the absolute last place for medical advice....try a doctor. Doctor/patient confidentiality

• Like Like x 3
  4. I am planning to go to various doctor I am just curious as to if anyone has had this and been diagnosed, or has any helpful words. I wish I could enjoy marijuana without adverse effects as I once believed but I`m starting to think marijuana is a big factor in my depression and anxiety.

Yes I do believe I am fucked for now and heavily addicted, I have used marijuana to cover all ranges of problems, I am going to take a break and see how it goes, be careful guys, take care.

5. Easy fix then if that's how you feel....stop smoking

• Like Like x 1
  6. I doubt quitting weed caused your seizures if that's really what you had. It certainly doesn't cause brain calcification unless you're the first case ever. I'm wondering if you started smoking so young because of your psychiatric disorders or your disorders are from starting so young. Whatever the problem I wish you luck.

• Like Like x 4
  7. During our formative years, our brain is continually looking for new challenges, and it's also developing coping mechanisms and setting up our risk/reward system. Marijuana disrupts all of that, which is why it's bad for kids to be smoking pot, especially chronically. If you were high every day from 12-19 then you may not have very good coping mechanisms; marijuana has likely replaced your brain's reward system, and from what you've said you've become emotionally dependent on it. The thing is, over the last 7 formative years, every time you had a conflict of some sort, your brain didn't have to solve it, it was just washed in a sea of THC instead. That combined with other psychological problems you may have, has brought you to where you are today. Your brain is telling you that right now is the time to deal with all this shit. When I said you're fucked for now, I'm meaning you've got to stop using pot and deal with everything because it's apparent that the path you've been on isn't working. A 500lb man isn't necessarily lazy, he very likely learned that food was the best reward system for him at a young age, so he always go back to food instead of letting the dopamine discharge do its job. This is kind of what's happened to you. You may never use pot again. You may be able to get shit straightened out. Who knows? You've got to either take control of your life or not.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Not too easy of a fix imo but that is what I will attempt again, I stopped smoking before when I started having anxiety attacks when I was high and it was pretty rough the first couple weeks.
    Thank you, I believe the marijuana caused it considering my mother says I was a very happy kid.
    Thanks you for taking your time to write this, I will stop smoking again, last time I started up I thought I would be able to control myself but didn`t work out....

Thanks everyone for the replies take care and becareful with the herb.

• Like Like x 2
  9. The thing is many psychiatric disorders don't blossom until around puberty. How you were at 7 may not matter.

"Across cultures and centuries, adolescence has been noted as a time of dramatic changes in body and behavior. Although most teenagers successfully navigate the transition from dependence upon a caregiver to becoming a self-sufficient adult member of the society, adolescence is also a time of increasing incidence of several classes of psychiatric illnesses, including anxiety and mood disorders, psychosis, eating disorders, personality disorders and substance abuse."

Why do many psychiatric disorders emerge during adolescence?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Reason I thought it was the withdrawal / marijuana because I read it messes with your coping skills and I heard the PNES has to do with poor coping skills, but I also heard that sleep deprivation may cause it and I was awake for 48 hours. Thanks you everyone for the replies it's been 2 days since I had the seizure and my withdrawal symptoms have improved significantly, take care everyone.

11. I mentioned once on this forum that I had seizures if I do more than 5 hits of anything and got my ass jumped. Like whoa. Take care of yourself and I hope you get better soon!

• Like Like x 1
  12. #12 Deleted member 923417, Mar 29, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2020
    deleted

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. The adivice above me is good, but you should probably go see the doc before starting any new workouts. Seizures are no joke and are not a withdrawal symptom of pot. You need to make sure you are healthy enough for new exercise before starting.

14. i had my first grand mal seizure while withdrawing from pot. Lack of sleep is definitely a trigger and I dont know for sure but it's possible that you could have had a seizure disorder that was being masked by the marijuana, not caused by it. although the calcification on your brain sounds abnormal

• Like Like x 1
  15. Marijuana makes your body do what it needs to - I too had seizures and weed stopped them. After each puff I fart or sneeze or cough up mucus or twitch a bit, better than seizures without cbd. And Excercise and weed go together so well!