Seized By Customs?

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by ThatChronicBuzz, Dec 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So I decided this year I would buy my friend a 2-footer from the shop here at GC for Christmas...It shipped out on the 14th, and has been in customs for 3 days now.

This raised a few questions with me....
    How long are items in the grey area of legality (such as bongs) usually held in customs?
    and
    How many days in customs should alert me that my package has been seized by customs, and then how should I expect until it iis finally delivered.

I figured this would happen as a two foot bong isn't exactly subtle, but as it seems it won't be here for Christmas I just want to give my friend an accurate ETA.

Thanks!

2. the only mistake in that whole post was that you told him what you were getting him for Christmas, i may be mistaken, but im pretty sure you burn in hell for that.......... and the reason its taking so long is because this is Christmas time so the UPS is overflowing with packages it has nothing to do with whats in your package just the fact that it is a package is whats making it so slow. what you should do is tell your friend that it got broken in the mail, and that now he gets coal for xmas then surprise him!!

3. What kind of shipping did you choose? Cuz my package was shipped the 14th as well but it didnt update to being in customs yet. I have the regular shipping and the only updates Ive had are Ready to ship: and Shipped:. You would think Id get another one when it arrived in America but im not sure how the cheaper shipping works.

4. I really don't think the registered or standard shipping really has much bearing on how long your package will take to arrive sadly. A friend of mine orderd the octopus ashcatcher and a few other things on nov. 18 with standard shipping and got his order about 2-3 weeks ago(Not bad). I on the other hand purchased 2 seperate orders on Nov.21 and Nov.28th with the registered shipping... and havent recieved a thing. It seems very hit or miss. USPS doesnt update international orders status frequently.... your package might even arrive before it's updated. Wich leads me to question why even offer the registered shipping if the tracking numbers are essentially useless and the package takes longer to arrive....

5. plus I don't think they would have ANY reason to seize it unless it was used and resin was in it before shipment... after all it is for tobacco use right?

6. Not sure why your november 21st package is delayed but the 28th one is definitly due to the amount of orders that took place on cyber monday. Idk though I was really hoping to get it before xmas but now im just hoping to get it before January. I have no clue if it will happen. It just stinks seeing that the track your order status has been on shipped for like 9 days now. I wish it updated more.

7. Grasscity doesn't have anything to do with US Customs and their regulations. If you need to know specifics about that, you might want to contact them...or Homeland Security since they seem to be calling all the shots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.