Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Seems to me like the Government is more focused on pot...

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by eleven357, Sep 21, 2007.

1. ...than other worse things, like methamphetamines, cocaine, and heroin. Its really fucking sad that all of our tax dollars are supporting these morons busting Growers and Sellers of pot. There are a lot more important things I could think of than busting pot heads. But what this all comes down to is money. Anytime our Government finds out someone is making a lot of money doing something, they have to have their hand in it (/wave IRS). So this FAILED drug war is also about money. Do you honestly think that when they bust these guys, that they turn in ALL the money and ALL the weed. FUCK NO! They take their 'share' and turn in the rest. It doesn't matter to them because you are still going to jail for whatever they did turn in on you. I have a great example of this from the Ridgecrest Police Department in Ridgecrest, CA. I had a friend who got busted for sales in that city. The Ridgecrest Police Dept. only turned in half of what they took, Half the weed and half the money. So where do you suppose the other half of the money and weed went to? You got it! Those fucking pigs took it as a 'bonus'. This kind of corruption in the government is not just limited to our police departments. Its also in the county, state and federal governments as well. I just get rather frustrated at times when I read 2-3 articles a day on pot busts and 1 meth lab bust a month. That shit is just fucking retarded if you ask me. So if you can, get your medical marijuana card, and vote when you can on any marijuana initiatives that get on the ballot. If you ask me, I think we should abolish any federal marijuana laws. So what do you guys think about this?

2. There was a guy who was contracted by the city of Oakland, CA to grow weed for the city cannabis dispensary. The feds busted his grow op and threw him in the federal court system. For whatever reason the jury did not know he was contracted by the city of Oakland and gave him 20 to life. After the trial the jury found out that the feds withheld that crucial piece of info and they demanded a re-trial. After the feds received enough bad press the judge suspended his sentence and gave him time served. Another example of the feds wasting time trying to destroy medicine for cancer patients.

3. I know its offtopic, but:

I am probably going to have to stop in Oaksterdam to get my medical card on the way to Humboldt County. Do you have your card CaliCoast? If so did you get it in Oaksterdam or SF? Just curious whether or not you had to make an appointment before you go.

4. they should let you have the option to either recreationally use it, or medically use it. it has been proven as a medicine. it is the most widely used "drug" (kinda iffy about it being a drug but i consider it a drug, that's just me) used, it's been used for thousands of years, it grows out of the ground, what's more to say? it's never going to be outlawed. people are going to continue to smoke it - just like people are going to continue to pick up 30 racks from the local store for a bunch of buddies and watch football... it's sad to see people who use it for pain have to go through this. but as we continue to demand change, it'll happen. but since the government sucks, it'll be a while. even so, i think anything that grows naturally, should be legal...

5. I just think it's sad that this country is not what it was founded upon anymore: a government by the people, for the people. Thomas Jefferson did say in the Declaration of Independence that when the people does not like the way the government runs things, that it is our right to make changes. There are way more people now than ever before smoking pot. We want it decriminalized. The nation is speaking out against tyrannical organizations such as the DEA and other pharmaceutical companies that back it up. Yet the gov't ignores the will of the people. Seriously, where the fuck is this country going?

6. It's bullshit that they even bother with weed. Potheads are calm, respectful, harmless people, and not rapists or murderers (In general, anyways.). If a person is doing it in a non-public place, such as their house, and respectfully away from other people who don't like it, there is no reason to worry about it. But the government is too close-minded to legalize it. If they ended the prohibition of cannabis, they would save a lot of money, somewhere around $7 billion I think, money that could be used for far more important things.

7. it's bullshit that people accept being controlled like sheep

if you like weed coke meth heroin mdma ect you shouldn't be treated like shit for harming no one by using

it should all be cheap and easy to obtain like booze 'n cigarettes even if the scummy government is dead set against not being able to tax it

hell any users would be fine paying say 18 bucks for a weeks worth of crack or an ounce of chronic or a quater of coke or meth with 2-3 bucks taxed on every sale

even doubled it would free up prisons stop the harm caused by bullshit laws and come in at least 1/10th of the current illicit drug trades cost

it's win win for people but lose lose for cops the gov the prison system and doctors/pharms

they all want stuff inflated so they can bust sell or require silly bits of paper to buy things for insane sums of money

cops win when they bust a dealer on top of being able to lie/plant shit on people inturn controlling 'em and doctors/pharms love being able to charge over a bill for almost every mildly addictive script all while the doctors ream ya in fees

lol they all win you lose yet so many go beyond acceptance and actually condone this bullshit...kinda scary

8. No I don't have one yet although I have a legit medical condition that would probably easily allow me to get one. Yes you do have to make an appointment before you go, check out potdoc.com, he's a SF based doctor. You probably already checked out NORML and the Americans For Safe Access websites for more detailed info.

Just a little rumor I heard, most cannabis docs are getting a little tougher in their distribution of cards with all of the heat the Bay Area clubs have been getting recently. Having a documented history of whatever illness you may have will definitely help you get a card.
    I will start a new thread celebrating my med. card once I get it though. :smoke:

9. The police wouldn't lose any money if pot was legalized. They GET money for enforcement of this horrible "problem". They get to ride in helicoptors and look at the countryside, bust very docile people and do high fives after the cuffs are on. No way in hell this will ever be legalized. That would make police work way too dangerous if they had to go after aggressive or serious criminals. And any politician that even whispers of legalization is doomed.